The Student Room Group

Girl's number off a mate?

I like a girl but I don't see her around anymore, we spoke a little in school. A good mate speaks to her friends and her, but I mainly see him out of college anyway. I'm considering telling him I like her and see if he can give me her number or at least set up a conversation or something.

Only issue is I don't know if he fancies her, obviously if he does he wouldn't want to help out, quite a few guys like her but I don't think he's one of them tbh. I don't want her to think of me as weird if I suddenly pop up but if I saw her on the street I'd have a conversation but don't get chance to, . As a last chance saloon is it worth it? Any experiences help and advice cheers people of the student room.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Shamsuddin to my Rumi
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I like a girl but I don't see her around anymore, we spoke a little in school. A good mate speaks to her friends and her, but I mainly see him out of college anyway. I'm considering telling him I like her and see if he can give me her number or at least set up a conversation or something.Only issue is I don't know if he fancies her, obviously if he does he wouldn't want to help out, quite a few guys like her but I don't think he's one of them tbh. I don't want her to think of me as weird if I suddenly pop up but if I saw her on the street I'd have a conversation but don't get chance to, . As a last chance saloon is it worth it? Any experiences help and advice cheers people of the student room.

It would be pretty awkward if you just popped up to her, especially if she doesn't remember you. Try getting your friend to organise a situation where you two can meet and talk to each other. Maybe at a party or cinema visit with friends. And maybe then try to get her number then.

Get your friend to help you out. He would be a great help, especially if him and the girl are close. He could be your wing man.
Reply 3
Add her on Facebook.
At sixth form my friends and I found a girl's number scrawled in a phone box, we spoke on the phone then she sent nudes, she also wanted to meet for sex but I pussied out. She was even older.
Reply 5
Original post by Magic Member
At sixth form my friends and I found a girl's number scrawled in a phone box, we spoke on the phone then she sent nudes, she also wanted to meet for sex but I pussied out. She was even older.

Send her my way:h:
Original post by emerl98
Send her my way:h:

Becoming a pimp wasn't really part of my career plan
Reply 7
Becoming a pimp wasn't really part of my career plan

It'll look good on your CV:lol:
Original post by emerl98
It'll look good on your CV:lol:

Dear sir/madam,

I dunno what you heard about me...
Original post by chikane
Add her on Facebook.

Can you add random people on facebook even if you've never spoken to them o.0 or is that weird?
Reply 10
I'd tell your friend to ask this girl first if she doesn't mind him giving you her number - I personally wouldn't like it if someone was telling others my number without my permission. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 11
Dear sir/madam,

I dunno what you heard about me...

:lol:
Original post by Someboady
Can you add random people on facebook even if you've never spoken to them o.0 or is that weird?

I've talked to her before obviously, we went school together for five years and were in lessons, we had quick little flirty conversations but she's the confident, flirty type. Facebook is my last, last resort, despise the whole premise of it, much prefer Twitter.
Original post by emerl98
It would be pretty awkward if you just popped up to her, especially if she doesn't remember you. Try getting your friend to organise a situation where you two can meet and talk to each other. Maybe at a party or cinema visit with friends. And maybe then try to get her number then.

Get your friend to help you out. He would be a great help, especially if him and the girl are close. He could be your wing man.

Agree, she'll remember me by face but not 100% by name cause it's been a while. It'd be nice but would be random as I don't hang around with her and his mates really. A party would be decent but I'd probably just get pissed, tell her I love her and run out into oncoming traffic for a laugh.
If you don't see her, then it's probably your only option. Ask your mate to have a chat with her, say you want to get to know her better, don't see her around anymore and would like her number.

Worst she can say is no, and you won't see her afterward and feel awkward.
(edited 7 years ago)
Exactly mate, cheers. Don't know where me Mum comes into this but agree with the rest.
Exactly mate, cheers. Don't know where me Mum comes into this but agree with the rest.

PMSL, I meant mate. :biggrin::o:$
Reply 17
Agree, she'll remember me by face but not 100% by name cause it's been a while. It'd be nice but would be random as I don't hang around with her and his mates really. A party would be decent but I'd probably just get pissed, tell her I love her and run out into oncoming traffic for a laugh.

Anyway you could meet her in a place where she's not feeling too uncomfortable or weirded out is fine. Maybe hang out with her and her friends for a day. Or just meet her in person and ask her directly. It's really up to what you think is best and most comfortable for you and her
Original post by Someboady

Everyone adds anyone on there nowadays makes no difference.
Original post by emerl98
Anyway you could meet her in a place where she's not feeling too uncomfortable or weirded out is fine. Maybe hang out with her and her friends for a day. Or just meet her in person and ask her directly. It's really up to what you think is best and most comfortable for you and her

That's the hope, meet her in person, but as we're coming towards the end of the year some people are in college, some people are out, it makes it really difficult. I would give anything to get the opportunity now but I have to make it and it's tough. Meeting her in person without any prior contact is the perfect way anyway.

Quick Reply