The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone provide me with simple model answers for the defences such as intoxication, self defence, consent and automotism.
Would be much appreciated
Regards
Afc
Good luck for tomorrow everyone! I'm hoping AQA have decided to play it nice this year in terms of the scenarios we get. :smile:
Have you learnt all 3 essays or just non fatal offences, say the truth as you seem like an intelligent and diligent person
Original post by alexGedgar1
Nope. It's the least likeliest, it was on last year. Likely to be non-fatals then general defences then murder/manslaughter.
Gedgar say the truth have you learnt all 3 essays or just NFO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rust Cohle
Read first post

Hey Rust, I'm just wondering your opinion on how to learn the law 04 concept essays in a very quick and effective way please? I was told to just learn the points and write around them but I don't know how that's going to go. Anyway thanks in advance :smile:
If Evaluation is likely to be NFO how likely will it be the main area on the scenario questions?
Original post by EconORTravel
If Evaluation is likely to be NFO how likely will it be the main area on the scenario questions?

The scenario will always contain some non fatal offences whether the evaluation is on them or not. The scenario is always split into non fatal offences and murder/manslaughter
Original post by katherine9609
The scenario will always contain some non fatal offences whether the evaluation is on them or not. The scenario is always split into non fatal offences and murder/manslaughter

thanks , i meant if evlatuion is on them or not - and then we could bring in defences?
Is there any chance of muder manslaughter coming up for the last question
No there is absolutely positively 0% chance.
Original post by alexGedgar1
Unit 4 (Property Offences) only include Self-Defence, Intoxication and Duress. Nothing else, all the same cases explanations etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!
Anyone got predictions for contract? Xxx
Do you think it's worth learning the Murder Critique essay? Or a waste if time
In law unit 3, what do you talk about in the secind paragraph of a scenario? For example if its a murder question: then youd talk about murder and then either loss of control or diminished responsibility and thats it? Or is there more to it?
Reply 233
Original post by Ayeshaa98
In law unit 3, what do you talk about in the secind paragraph of a scenario? For example if its a murder question: then youd talk about murder and then either loss of control or diminished responsibility and thats it? Or is there more to it?

Da*** you up at 3am for :colonhash:?

It can be on muder, involuntary manslaughter, or both. If it's on murder there may be a defence of LOC or DR. If it's both its unlikely there will be a defence though don't rule it out.
I've not learnt general defences critique, any quick tips?
Original post by .JC.
Da*** you up at 3am for :colonhash:?

It can be on muder, involuntary manslaughter, or both. If it's on murder there may be a defence of LOC or DR. If it's both its unlikely there will be a defence though don't rule it out.

Thankyou!! And this is what you call last minute revision. Been up all night. I have two exams today as well. Always leave it last minutes. I never learn :'(
Original post by Phil Davides
I've not learnt general defences critique, any quick tips?

Pick two defences, one that has barely any criticisms/problems and one that has quite a few. Ive revised DR and Self Defence as DR has got quite a good amount of criticisms and reforms while self defence has only a few issues with it. You only ever need reforms for one of the defences so for example with the ones id be using, I'd only do reforms for DR.
To remember it quick I'd say write it all down on flash cards but make it as compact as possible so you're not learning full on sentences, just points that will make up your paragraphs in the exam
Reply 237
Pick two defences, one that has barely any criticisms/problems and one that has quite a few. Ive revised DR and Self Defence as DR has got quite a good amount of criticisms and reforms while self defence has only a few issues with it. You only ever need reforms for one of the defences so for example with the ones id be using, I'd only do reforms for DR.
To remember it quick I'd say write it all down on flash cards but make it as compact as possible so you're not learning full on sentences, just points that will make up your paragraphs in the exam

For the defences essay you can't use DR :frown:
Dude, diminished responsibility isn't a general defence. If that's what you have along self defence in the evaluation, you won't get any credit for anything pertaining to DR.
Does anybody have any real reforms for DOC/LC other than proposal for removal in favour of the three tier system?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending