The Student Room Group

The A* study blog with no name!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ?Hannah
Aw thank-you Niamh,
I hope you know that I believe in you as much as you believe in me! :colondollar:
That would actually be really appreciated, lol!
Niamh, you know that you will get an A* in maths! That won't happen at all, you have worked far too hard to be getting D's. I am sure that you will exceed your predicted grades!
Wishing you all the best as well! :smile: Thank-you for believing in me.

Aw, that must be a lot of belief then!! :h:
Well then I'll definitely give you some guidance (mainly don't's - as I've approached these exams in the worst possible way!) to help you achieve your very high potential!
I know I joke of course - thank you, I hope so!
Thanks again, and don't mention it - you've worked so hard already it's hard not to have faith in you! :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by NiamhM1801
Aw, that must be a lot of belief then!! :h:
Well then I'll definitely give you some guidance (mainly don't's - as I've approached these exams in the worst possible way!) to help you achieve your very high potential!
I know I joke of course - thank you, I hope so!
Thanks again, and don't mention it - you've worked so hard already it's hard not to have faith in you! :biggrin:

Aha, thank-you!
Lol, for my end of year ten exams, I crammed in all the content the night before! Was in the exam looking like a half asleep zombie. I remember being in my physics exam all like: 'can I really be bothered?' 😂
Thanks Niamh, you are a star! I am definitely wishing upon A*! 😂
Haha, even if you did get D's then at least you know that you would have tried your hardest. I heard the other day that you need C's to work at McDonald's though, lol.
Aww cheers, you are such a good friend! Happy to have found you! :smile: Tbh, I'm the one who is most likely to get like U's or something. 😂
Original post by ?Hannah
Hello,
Thank-you very much! Yes, I am currently in year ten - I completely agree about it being a very tough year. In my case, there has been a lot of blood, sweat, and tears! Oh, I do hope that it gets better, I am just so tired and worn out at the moment. Thank-you again!

How have your A levels gone? Have you got more exams to do? What are your plans for next year? I wish you the best of luck as well!

Oh wow, that is seriously impressive! Well done!

A-levels were actually more pleasant for me than GCSEs. Last year, I got AAAA in my AS levels. I sat my last A2 exam last Friday and I don't feel as though they have gone well so I will probably be taking an "unplanned gap year" but at the moment I'm trying not to think about it.

Look forward to watching you flourish :smile:
Original post by ?Hannah
Thanks, Sahra,
I appreciate this! Oh, I hope so. Honestly, the thought of A*'s is forever present in my mind!
Aha, I am not that productive. :colondollar:
Wish you all the best as well - concerning your last exams and results day. Do keep us all updated!

Never forget your dream of getting straight A*s!
Thanks! I'll definitely keep you updated and share my results! You can always rely on me for advice or anything you want to talk about! :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by sahra30013
Never forget your dream of getting straight A*s!
Thanks! I'll definitely keep you updated and share my results! You can always rely on me for advice or anything you want to talk about! :smile:

Thanks Sahra, however having such high expectations can sometimes be a downer. :frown: Awesome, can't wait! :smile: I believe that you will perform amazingly!
Aw, thank-you, I will be needing all of the advice that I can get!
Reply 25
Original post by Platopus
A-levels were actually more pleasant for me than GCSEs. Last year, I got AAAA in my AS levels. I sat my last A2 exam last Friday and I don't feel as though they have gone well so I will probably be taking an "unplanned gap year" but at the moment I'm trying not to think about it.

Look forward to watching you flourish :smile:

Oh, really. How come? That's interesting to know, as the majority of people on here say that A levels have been worse than GCSEs! 😂
Wow, that is brilliant! Do you know what you want to be when you are older?
I am sure they have gone amazingly! A gap year is really good though, especially if you choose to explore the world.
Fair enough, there is no point worrying over exams that you can't change.
What A levels did you take anyway?

Aw thank-you, hopefully I will. :colondollar:
Original post by ?Hannah
Oh, really. How come? That's interesting to know, as the majority of people on here say that A levels have been worse than GCSEs! 😂
Wow, that is brilliant! Do you know what you want to be when you are older?
I am sure they have gone amazingly! A gap year is really good though, especially if you choose to explore the world.
Fair enough, there is no point worrying over exams that you can't change.
What A levels did you take anyway?

Aw thank-you, hopefully I will. :colondollar:

There are just so many GCSE exams! And in subjects like science and maths which I hate.

For AS I did English lit, history, geography and philosophy. I dropped geography after AS and continued with the other 3.
Original post by ?Hannah
Aha, thank-you!
Lol, for my end of year ten exams, I crammed in all the content the night before! Was in the exam looking like a half asleep zombie. I remember being in my physics exam all like: 'can I really be bothered?' 😂
Thanks Niamh, you are a star! I am definitely wishing upon A*! 😂
Haha, even if you did get D's then at least you know that you would have tried your hardest. I heard the other day that you need C's to work at McDonald's though, lol.
Aww cheers, you are such a good friend! Happy to have found you! :smile: Tbh, I'm the one who is most likely to get like U's or something. 😂

Ha ha ha...yeah I totally haven't done that for my real exams...nope not a chance :s-smilie:
Haha loving the pun! I'm wishing upon A* as well!
Well, nice to see you have high hopes for me 😂 Just kidding, I know what you mean. Damn, looks like even McDonalds is too good for me! Looks like I'll be volunteering my whole life then 😂
Aww, you're an amazing friend, and I'm so glad to have found you too! And you stop that! You aren't going to get Us 😂, I'm so excited for August 2017, when you open your results and see your straight A*s that you've worked so hard for - go get em! :biggrin:
Original post by ?Hannah
Thanks Sahra, however having such high expectations can sometimes be a downer. :frown: Awesome, can't wait! :smile: I believe that you will perform amazingly!
Aw, thank-you, I will be needing all of the advice that I can get!

You're right! But having high expectations can be your motivation as I say so myself. Thank you, I hope I will!:smile:
Warning from the other side - DO NOT DO 4 SCIENCE A LEVELS, I REPEAT, DO NOT DO 4 SCIENCE A LEVELS.
Reply 30
Original post by BioStudentx
Warning from the other side - DO NOT DO 4 SCIENCE A LEVELS, I REPEAT, DO NOT DO 4 SCIENCE A LEVELS.

How come?
And what is the 'fourth' science, I know that there is chemistry, biology and physics. 😂
Original post by ?Hannah
How come?
And what is the 'fourth' science, I know that there is chemistry, biology and physics. 😂

Maths/Fm.

No matter how prepared you think you are, no matter how hard you work, no matter how intelligent you are - exam boards will stop you from hitting the top grades. Nothing like GCSE. Pick one light subject at least.
Original post by BioStudentx

What if it's 3. Like biology, chemistry and maths

I'm doing 3 too, maths, FM and physics.

I think yours won't be too bad. It's a popular combination for those wanting to go into medicine, so it's clearly manageable. :smile:
I'm doing 3 too, maths, FM and physics.

I think yours won't be too bad. It's a popular combination for those wanting to go into medicine, so it's clearly manageable. :smile:

I think so too. However, I'm constantly questioned on why I'm taking these subjects as they are too 'hard' and that's I shouldn't as it is a 'bad idea'. I think with enough hard work anything is achievable.

Wow, FM and physics! Good luck! I'm sure you will get the best grade possible!:smile: I was wondering, what is FM like as a GCSE?
I think so too. However, I'm constantly questioned on why I'm taking these subjects as they are too 'hard' and that's I shouldn't as it is a 'bad idea'. I think with enough hard work anything is achievable.

Wow, FM and physics! Good luck! I'm sure you will get the best grade possible!:smile: I was wondering, what is FM like as a GCSE?

Well I think you're capable of it - if you've got the determination I guess you can do anything you want :smile: so I wouldn't let them put you off if it's what you want to do. Any combination of subjects is going to be hard, there's no 'easy route'. Yeah like you said, anything is achievable if you put the work in. :smile:

Yep! It's definitely gonna be tough but hopefully I'll manage - I'm gonna work like hell anyway :tongue:
And I really like GCSE FM. We sat the first exam today which went really well. It's like GCSE maths, but harder and more interesting. With me, the harder the maths, the quicker I understand it, the more likely I am to remember it and the more interesting I find it :biggrin: that's why I'm looking forward to next year now!
Well I think you're capable of it - if you've got the determination I guess you can do anything you want :smile: so I wouldn't let them put you off if it's what you want to do. Any combination of subjects is going to be hard, there's no 'easy route'. Yeah like you said, anything is achievable if you put the work in. :smile:

Yep! It's definitely gonna be tough but hopefully I'll manage - I'm gonna work like hell anyway :tongue:
And I really like GCSE FM. We sat the first exam today which went really well. It's like GCSE maths, but harder and more interesting. With me, the harder the maths, the quicker I understand it, the more likely I am to remember it and the more interesting I find it :biggrin: that's why I'm looking forward to next year now!

You're right. I see, I've always liked maths, especially the challenging bits but I don't think I can do further maths, mainly because I get confused easily. I kinda wish my school had the option of further maths rather than use of maths- a waste of time really.

I wish you all the best! Let's get the best grade possible!:smile:
You're right. I see, I've always liked maths, especially the challenging bits but I don't think I can do further maths, mainly because I get confused easily. I kinda wish my school had the option of further maths rather than use of maths- a waste of time really.

I wish you all the best! Let's get the best grade possible!:smile:

I've always liked it too, but I only used to like the easy stuff. Now I like to challenge myself to see what I can do :biggrin:
Yeah, further maths definitely helped me with GCSE as well, which I'm thankful for. My school has only offered it for a couple of years, and I think class sizes have got bigger and bigger. I hated it at first! But then I got used to it and love it now :tongue:

I wish you luck too, and yeah let's smash them! :biggrin:

I'm doing the same as you :smile: But i'm also doing economics which i might drop in year 13 :biggrin: Do you want to do medicine ? If so what you uni would you like to attend to ?
Reply 39
Ha ha ha...yeah I totally haven't done that for my real exams...nope not a chance :s-smilie:
Haha loving the pun! I'm wishing upon A* as well!
Well, nice to see you have high hopes for me 😂 Just kidding, I know what you mean. Damn, looks like even McDonalds is too good for me! Looks like I'll be volunteering my whole life then 😂
Aww, you're an amazing friend, and I'm so glad to have found you too! And you stop that! You aren't going to get Us 😂, I'm so excited for August 2017, when you open your results and see your straight A*s that you've worked so hard for - go get em! :biggrin:

Haha, don't worry. The information was obviously fresh in your memory though!
Yep, we all definitely are.
Not in a rude way, but I was so shocked to discover the macdonalds entry requirements! 😂
Aw, thank-you. Tbh I'm scared for that day😂 But we will see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest