The Student Room Group

AQA MM1B - Mechanics 1 -Tuesday 21st June 2016

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find it? :smile:
Plane question 4: the wind causes the plane to move 240 M over 20 seconds find V... I couldn't get what was happening
Last question 10 marker...trying to find the time for both helicopters first
Dear oh dear
Football question, added 3 m to the 13.6 horizontal distance but used the intital velocities am sure this isn't right either :frown:
What the F U C K is a parallel velocity!!!!????
Why was there a 10 MARKER on it!!!????
i think it was alright apart from the 7 marker on projectiles and one of the 4 markers
did anyone get 80.6 for the ten marker?
Original post by MLW12345
Plane question 4: the wind causes the plane to move 240 M over 20 seconds find V... I couldn't get what was happening
Last question 10 marker...trying to find the time for both helicopters first
Dear oh dear
Football question, added 3 m to the 13.6 horizontal distance but used the intital velocities am sure this isn't right either :frown:

For the plane wind question you do 240/20 to get 12 ms for the speed of the wind then from there u can work out the resultant velocity
Reply 26
I got 67.8 for the 10 marker
Original post by PiTheta97

Worked through the solution this morning - thank you!
Original post by Examguy123
For the plane wind question you do 240/20 to get 12 ms for the speed of the wind then from there u can work out the resultant velocity

Yes! Speed =Distance/Time
Reply 29
did people get 13.2 for the 7 mark velocity question? I origionally got 14.1 but recalculated it and got 13.2
I got 117.6 for the 10 marker lolllll
What the **** was the last question? Can't remember what I got, but I feel it was in the 20-30 range
Did anyone get 16.6m/s for the projectilr question asking about hitting the back of the box.
Reply 33
Original post by koolgurl14

I got 67.8
Well then, it seems that everybody got different results for the last question. This is a start.
Reply 35
Original post by 1TrueMeaning
Did anyone get 16.6m/s for the projectilr question asking about hitting the back of the box.

I got 13.2
What did you get for the time taken to his the front of the box?

I got around 13
Reply 38
Original post by koolgurl14

You got t= 5 and t= 25 right? if you sub either of both value to the equation of Va =Vb you wont get the same i or j components. I was really confuse on where to go from there
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
What did you get for the time taken to his the front of the box?

13.6 I think not 100% sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending