The Student Room Group

AQA MM1B - Mechanics 1 -Tuesday 21st June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by koolgurl14
did anyone get 80.6 for the ten marker?

Well I got 80.5 which is probably a rounding error on my part but yeah I did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
What times did you get when the velocitys were parrallel? I got t=5 and t=25 which I then used in the position vector equation to get 309m between them?
I got 80.5 for the last question. Projectile question was awful, and that 4 mark question on the ramp one asking for the angle I didn't understand. What did people get for that? Got 5 degrees or something but it's probably wrong.
Reply 43
Original post by Dukey98
What times did you get when the velocitys were parrallel? I got t=5 and t=25 which I then used in the position vector equation to get 309m between them?

I got 12s sorry Im stressing now haha because vectors will be parallel when vector a is a multiple of vector b
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RUNSran
You got t= 5 and t= 25 right? if you sub either of both value to the equation of Va =Vb you wont get the same i or j components

Oooo. I got to that stage but didnt know how to proceed. hopefully get some marks.
Reply 45
Original post by smartsy
I got around 13

yeah same
Original post by Examguy123
For the plane wind question you do 240/20 to get 12 ms for the speed of the wind then from there u can work out the resultant velocity

Magic that's what I got ended up using that data for the next questions though, probably got bearing wrong around 007deg
Reply 47
Original post by Hep123
I got 12s sorry Im stressing now haha because vectors will be parallel when vector a is a multiple of vector b

the multiple will be the time
I got 13.2 on the 7 mark proj ans 97.6 on last 10 mark one
Reply 49
Original post by Chickenslayer69
I got 80.5 for the last question. Projectile question was awful, and that 4 mark question on the ramp one asking for the angle I didn't understand. What did people get for that? Got 5 degrees or something but it's probably wrong.

yeah got 4. something when rounded its 5
Reply 50
Original post by RealistZ
I got 13.2 on the 7 mark proj ans 97.6 on last 10 mark one

I got the same for the 7 mark but not the 10 mark
This paper's got me feeling like
you_are_wrong.png
Reply 52
any idea about the grade boundaries folks ?
How did you do the finding the angle of the ramp question? I did some weird thing where I cancelled mass, (f=ma), probably didn't work.
Reply 54
Original post by Dukey98

I got same but I didnt know which to use and both values didnt satisfy the equation Va=Vb. i was so confuse
Original post by Hep123

Did you have to subtract the two different values for t?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hep123

What did you get for t in the first question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 14.6 m/s for the 7 marker.

I did Vcos50 × t = previous horizontal length (13. sth + 3) .

it took 1.7 sth seconds to hit the top of the box so I subbed the same time into the equation above to get 14. 6
Reply 58
did people get 8 for the bearing?
Original post by RUNSran
You got t= 5 and t= 25 right? if you sub either of both value to the equation of Va =Vb you wont get the same i or j components. I was really confuse on where to go from there

well i used t=5 because only the i component of the velocity is the same therefore i subbed 5 into the r=ut+1/2at^2 of the A and the r=ut+1/2at^2 + r original of the B then i subtracted the two r from each other to get the distance then i added the square of the i component and the square of the j component and square rooted the answer. Its really hard to explain it without paper and pen I'm not even sure of my answer lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending