The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

So how did everyone find it?
Did scenario 2
Criminal law scenario 1

Battery , consent, s.20 gbh , causation , self defence for the first question? Not sure if I got that correct

Then murder , DR and gross negligence?
Original post by Glennyg1
Criminal law scenario 1

Battery , consent, s.20 gbh , causation , self defence for the first question? Not sure if I got that correct

Oh yeah and assault aswell!
Did anyone do scenario 2? What did you guys put? Spent about 10 minutes debating which scenario to do :s-smilie:
Reply 245
For scenario 1 I did:

S47(battery) + consent
S20 GBH + causation issue
Assault + self defence
Original post by Alina-11
Did anyone do scenario 2? What did you guys put? Spent about 10 minutes debating which scenario to do :s-smilie:

I did assault
Then debated s20 and s18, then settled with s18, Then said battery for the kick can contribute, and then did self defence
Second but I did murder and the unlawful act, didn't have time to write about gross
Reply 247
Did anyone do scenario 2? Got assault, battery, s20 gbh and self defence? Is this wrong seem like assault could be for Genna
Reply 248
Original post by _Alicetindale
I did assault
Then debated s20 and s18, then settled with s18, Then said battery for the kick can contribute, and then did self defence
Second but I did murder and the unlawful act, didn't have time to write about gross

Where was the gross? Don't get me scared please 😂
I don't think there was, unless you could argue duty of care via omission ? Through course of events (miller) I don't understand gross negligence so I didn't write about it, and I don't think you can do omissions as a duty if care like in caparo. But I barely wrote anything for unlawful, an area I'm not confident on. What did you do for scenario 2?
Original post by BJO97
Did anyone do scenario 2? Got assault, battery, s20 gbh and self defence? Is this wrong seem like assault could be for Genna

Did assault, battery leading to ABH, GBH s20/s18, then self defence
For sceniorio 2, I wrote about Assault for Genna opening the windows/doors because Helen was scared etc think skull rule. Would that be correct? & for question 2, I spoke about loss of control, Gross & Unlawful act manslaught but did we also have to talk about murder????
Original post by Glennyg1
Criminal law scenario 1

There was a lot required for scenario 1 Q1.

Adam to Brandon
Battery
ABH
GBH s20
Consent (discussion of horseplay and properly conducted sports)
Assault (fear after being repeatedly hit)

Adam to Calvin
Battery
ABH
GBH s20
Causation in relation to s20 3rd party intervention. (still operating at the end of day, need not be sole cause)
Self defence

Calvin to Adam
Assault (reference to Tuberville issues)

Posted from TSR Mobile
For scenario 1criminal law did anyone do Abh for the injuries to Calvin instead of assault as he lay there for 30minutes unconscious insinuating more than just assault?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I meant did anyone do ABH for the injuries to Brandon for being repeatedly hit with the ball.
Obvious that the injuries to calvin laying unconscious was GBH I think
Hope it went well everyone..not sure how I feel about it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 255
I only did murder for scenario two because I ran out of time, what's the maximum mark I could get? For question 1 I put the defences; intoxication, self defence and insanity??
Original post by XxShivani
For scenario 2, I put loss of control in relation to Jayson, but everyone else I spoke to put diminished responsibility :/ would I still get marks? :s

How did Jayson lose his control ?? And who had dr??
I did question 3 in section A the intoxication one but I feel the second part of that wasn't really reform and I think the way it was worded was really confusing, I just said that it is available of u aren't at fault because of the fall back principle but again it's not available as a defence because u will still get charged even if u had no intention

then I did scenario 3 in vol manslaughter but I didn't mention unlawful act manslaughter because I didn't think it was relieved but I did mention gross negligent and a bit of reckless less

I also found the case law didn't really match the scenario but I put them in anyway so I think I did 5 cases

I did robbery for section c but I found that it was very repetitive and I think only one statement he committed robbery

but I don't know I hunk I messed up!

any help would be appreciated! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmReBa
I only did murder for scenario two because I ran out of time, what's the maximum mark I could get?

This is may help in determining marks
Original post by Rust Cohle
There was a lot required for scenario 1 Q1.

Adam to Brandon
Battery
ABH
GBH s20
Consent (discussion of horseplay and properly conducted sports)
Assault (fear after being repeatedly hit)

Adam to Calvin
Battery
ABH
GBH s20
Causation in relation to s20 3rd party intervention. (still operating at the end of day, need not be sole cause)
Self defence

Calvin to Adam
Assault (reference to Tuberville issues)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did pretty much the exact same as you however in relation to Brandon I didn't put GBH I just did battery amounting to Abh as I don't believe that constitutes to serious harm? However it doesn't matter as its how you justify it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest