Very Hard 19%
Hard 32%
OK 31%
Easy 9%
Very Easy9%
Total votes: 2320
Vote.

Scroll to see replies

easy but I do further maths, i reckon a lot of people doing just single maths will have found it hard, boundary won't be higher than 65 for an A*
Reply 2
I will be posting model answers tomorrow

EDIT: as promised model answers: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4180932
(edited 7 years ago)
Moderately hard, but I don't think the grade boundaries will be low coz of Q8 being copied from an older paper
Reply 4
Original post by kprime2
I will be posting model answers tomorrow

why tomo
Reply 5
Original post by linaxq
why tomo

don't get the paper till tomorrow
Reply 6
I thought it wasn't great. Definitely one of the hardest papers in recent years. I really messed up the last question, but everything else seems alright.
Reply 7
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be? I messed up pretty bad
Reply 8
Original post by tomrh99

I have the list of all grade boundaries from June 2005, the lowest it has ever been for an A was 50, with generally an average of around early 60s. I think this paper was harder than usual but not as hard as 50 for an A, so maybe mid-late 50s ish.
waiting for a hitler reaction
Personally I think it was easy and a couple others in my class thought it was ok, however the majority said it was hard.
Reply 11
Original post by Azarashi
I have the list of all grade boundaries from June 2005, the lowest it has ever been for an A was 50, with generally an average of around early 60s. I think this paper was harder than usual but not as hard as 50 for an A, so maybe mid-late 50s ish.

Honestly I think I got around 55/54, I am hoping for a mid B to be honest. I am just trying to reassure myself that all hope is not now lost lol
Fine, until two minutes before the end i realised i missed out Question 5 (with the two 5 markers). Goodbye A*.
Original post by tomrh99

Last year was 59 for an A, would expect it to be 56 as this paper made last years look easy, for me anyway
Original post by Azarashi

What do you think it is for an A* based off of past boundaries please?

I need an A* in this to get my offer but I didn't do so well :frown:
Original post by Dieselblue
Last year was 59 for an A, would expect it to be 56 as this paper made last years look easy, for me anyway

People usually think the paper they did is the hardest ever.
But the truth is that the exam pressure makes a difference in how hard you think it is.
I havent done this years paper, but i doubt this would be that hard to make 2013,14,15 look "easy"...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevelstresss
easy but I do further maths, i reckon a lot of people doing just single maths will have found it hard, boundary won't be higher than 65 for an A*

same for me
Reply 17
I found it alright. Question 1 took me a bit off-guard so spent bit too much on that one. Also question 4 (i think. The one with g(x) =|4e^2x +5| graph one) part B was a mess for me but got it in the end, but since was running bit out of time, part D was skipped (oh well. Just 2 marks). Question 9 (the last one) was a bit challenging, I think i dropped one mark on part B where you have to prove smth (couse i didn't use exact value, But who knows, maybe they wont be too picky on that). C was alright. Others were decent.
57 for an A i reckon. 64 or 65 for an A*.
Reply 19
I couldn't do the alpha question which was quite annoying
I also think I got the smallest value of theta wrong. People seem to be getting 81, whereas I got 63.4 lmao.

71/75

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending