The Student Room Group

What's been your favourite age so far?

Scroll to see replies

18 for sure
Reply 61
11/12 in Year 7/8. I remember when my friends would dare each other to do stuff on the bus like go up to random boys and say "hey, my friend likes you" and then add them on BBM, lmao

It's the age when you were allowed to do really cringey things and not get rekt
18. I miss my A2 year. But life is okay now too.
Reply 63
Original post by ForestShadow
I think 1 was pretty good all you had to do was cry and youd get food and attention :lol:

Agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anytime between 0 and 4 when I can't remember anything!
Reply 65
Original post by mobbsy91
Anytime between 0 and 4 when I can't remember anything!

Also between 18 and whatever is now because the alcohol makes you forget:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Also between 18 and whatever is now because the alcohol makes you forget:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh, so, about this past year basically :biggrin: Thankfully I can't remember how much money I've spent on booze... :/
Reply 67
Yeh, so, about this past year basically :biggrin: Thankfully I can't remember how much money I've spent on booze... :/

£££'s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's more like ££££'s to be honest :/
I'm 18 now and this is my favourite age so far
Reply 70
I think it's more like ££££'s to be honest :/

Lol, mine's still only ££'s
Cambrian. Life was a lot simpler back then.
Perhaps unusual but 14 was when I was the happiest I've ever been
Reply 73
Original post by Kernel_Coder
Other than my childhood years which won't be beaten by default... 15-18 or as others have said 17 stands out as a very great time in my life. Discovering all of my favourite directors, having time to play games and do work/revise, making the best friends of my life, looking forward to the future.

I preferred A-Levels/Sixth Form to uni by far, but then again I'm probably alone on that.

Good times. :smile:

I thought I was the only one who thought that!

I'd definitely say 17 - you've got more freedom than before, but you don't have so much exam pressure (compared to GCSE the year before and A2/uni in the years after) and you don't have to do all the boring adult-y bits of living alone yet.

Otherwise, going much further back...I remember Yr5 was a pretty good year. Also year 3. So..10 or 8ish.
Reply 74
Original post by SunnysideSea
Perhaps unusual but 14 was when I was the happiest I've ever been

Lol, I remember 14 as the age when everyone became all bratty and convinced they were Such An Adult when they were actually just annoying kids. Not a year I'd be fussed about going back to.
21-24 I think.
Original post by Gatlema
Lol, I remember 14 as the age when everyone became all bratty and convinced they were Such An Adult when they were actually just annoying kids. Not a year I'd be fussed about going back to.

Tbh, thinking back, that arrogance and sense of invincibility may well have been part of why it was so fun!
I really enjoyed being 22/23 :yep: Bit more savvy than 18 but still young enough to go out and not wake up with a soul destroying, cataclysmic hangover :yay:
17 by a country mile
1 year before you're 18
Trying to sneakily do all the things 18 year olds do, and when you do them successfully- it has the biggest buzz.
I remember getting someone else's ID and being able to go into town and buy alcohol, it felt so much better than it does when you're 18.
Or better still- being served without ID. The buzz is unreal. (Not promoting underage drinking lol)
Starting sixth form- if you move to a better sixth form with better people... Another amazing buzz
I just feel like it's the most rebellious year of adolescence- like a rollercoaster
Original post by homeland.lsw
8 :ahee:
I had no stresses in year 3 :moon:

Back to FM :work:

stress over gcses lol give me a break

Quick Reply

Latest