The Student Room Group

AQA MM1B - Mechanics 1 -Tuesday 21st June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by koolgurl14
A was 4i and can't remember the j

A had initial velocity 8i+4j and acceleration -0.2i+0.1j, started at origin.
B had initial velocity 6i+9j and acceleration 0.2i-0.1j and started at position vector 40i+50j.
Original post by matt5822
You should still get most of the marks. I think the hardest part was finding the value of t.

thanks for the reassurance
Can someone show the working for how they got 43.2 or w/e for the tension question... thanks
how r we meant to get this if we're not doing A2 :frown: unfair really

I havent done a2 yet, it made it harder but definitely not impossible. Just think about what parallel meand in terms if C1
Original post by gcsekid
image.jpg
Ignore the pencil line
How are people getting 43 newtons for T

It was because a) was R=Tsin(60) + 49.

The question stated that the force T was directed towards the ground so for it to be in equilibrium (vertical components): R - Tsin(60) - 49 = 0 which rearranges to the top line.

The rest of your workings look fine
Original post by con.brown
It was because a) was R=Tsin(60) + 49.

The question stated that the force T was directed towards the ground so for it to be in equilibrium (vertical components): R - Tsin(60) - 49 = 0 which rearranges to the top line.

The rest of your workings look fine

So how many marks do I drop
What do you think the grade boundaries will be ? I think it will be either on par with 2014 or just a bit higher maybe
Original post by gcsekid

I did what you did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peter Wilkinson
What do you think the grade boundaries will be ? I think it will be either on par with 2014 or just a bit higher maybe

Im going to say 55 for A
Original post by 1TrueMeaning
I did what you did

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many marks u think we droppinf
Original post by gcsekid
How many marks u think we droppinf

No idea. Probably get method marks or something. Most likely less than or equal to half of the marks.
If I assumes for 7c that the time was still 1.76 and didn't substitute the expressions for v into the equations you had to make, how many marks do you think I'd get

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gcsekid

Depends if you get ecf from the correct method in part b). So I couldn't really say :s-smilie:
Worked answers to ramp and football questions:
Attachment not found
FullSizeRender.jpg
Original post by danigr
I had 335kg!!!!! But what is wrong with that?

I got the same with you. It's because we didn't see the "two balls traveling in opposite direction" statement. How many marks do u think we'll lose for this? It was a 5 mark question.
Reply 255
I did this, but made t the subject and subbed it in, forming an equation with v in it. I solved this and I THINK I got somewhere around 13 - 14 but can't really remember! My equation looked disgusting😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 256
:frown: 10 more marks gone

ahhh i made the same mistake, but there should be marks for at least forming the v=u+at equation/s, otherwise AQA is as sadistic as i've always made them out to be
Original post by jtebbbs
Worked answers to ramp and football questions:
Attachment not found
FullSizeRender.jpg

Yeah, I did all that but I put the first part =-1 for some reason so I got a different time, distance etc how many marks would I lose for that ?
wud i lose marks if i got the right answer but didn't put the full working
Reply 259
Original post by Peter Wilkinson
Uh yeah I forgot to do that :/ 1 mark lost right?

probably yeah :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending