Scroll to see replies

Original post by mil88
I got all but 81.92 part.

I got 65.5.. and thus 66.

Yup you're right, my bad! :smile:
Original post by drandy76
Plugging pi/6 into a calculator gives 2, not 1, it was 0.6something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got 0.6....And 2.6.... But 2.6 was outside the range so the solution was 0.6
Original post by drandy76
Plugging pi/6 into a calculator gives 2, not 1, it was 0.6something

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I got 0.659
I'm guessing that no body else got a=1 and b=320
For the iterative question did you have to put the answe to 4 decimal places or 3? I did everything to 4???? How many marks have I lost? I also therefore put the intersection point to 4dp?
On question 8ii I put that f(x) couldn't have an inverse because of the modulus and that you can't inverse a modulus. I also wrote that the graph would be one to many and that it wouldn't be a function. Was the first part right and if it wasn't would I get the marks for the second part?
Can we add a poll to this?? how hard did everyone find it and what grade boundaries do you reckon?
how many marks would you lose for not getting A and B i did everything else right i even calculate the y value as 18 just didn't solve the simultaneous equations
Original post by rich1334
My solutions, in order:Y=12x+15
4x-4lnx-1/x+c
3/16(4x+1)^4/3 + c
128, 81.92
31 hours
1/13, 3/4
Show ln2
5/2
A=6, B=5
Graph
Root 0.242
Graph transformations
Ranges: all real, greater or equal to 4a, modulus has no inverse
Inverse: 1/5(x+4a)
X=1.5a, x=-2.5a
Show equiv to 2
4+2root2
32sin(x)
No guarantee these are right but I'm pretty confident

These are pretty much exactly the same results i got, except in question 9 i got the value of 0.66, not 0.659, i rounded to 2sf where i should have rounded to 3, probably won't get that mark.
I'm feeling confident about my answers, so it's reassuring to have someone else confident with the same answers :P
Reply 229
Can anyone remember what f(x) and g(x) were?
Original post by Yazmin123
how many marks would you lose for not getting A and B i did everything else right i even calculate the y value as 18 just didn't solve the simultaneous equations

You'll probably lose 1 mark for not solving the equations and 2 marks for each answer i'm guessing
What was the 8 mark question 6? The one with a=6 b=5?

I want the exact question with equations if possible?

I don't know why but I remember getting b=5 and a= 3 or 2?
Original post by HecTic_H
Grade boundaries anyone?
Going to guess:
41 - C
47 - B
53 - A
59 - A*
Really difficult paper imo.

Agree with you)
May be 1 mark higher for each grade)
Paper was not terrible but it was harder than the average paper)
Original post by Mrrexxxx
For the iterative question did you have to put the answe to 4 decimal places or 3? I did everything to 4???? How many marks have I lost? I also therefore put the intersection point to 4dp?

Only 1 I'd say if your value was the correct answer to 4 SF.
Original post by Dom1997
Only 1 I'd say if your value was the correct answer to 4 SF.

If I can remember correctly, the question asked the values of Xn to be to at least 4 sig figs. If you did it to 4dp that is fine. If you put your answer to 3 dp which = 4sf you will probably loose one mark.
for q8, I got -1.5 and 2.5; not 1.5 and -2.5. how many marks you think have I lost? And what did people get for 8 part i?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Agent47_
If I can remember correctly, the question asked the values of Xn to be to at least 4 sig figs. If you did it to 4dp that is fine. If you put your answer to 3 dp which = 4sf you will probably loose one mark.

Thats was for xn I think. The actual root had to be 3 SF
unofficial mark scheme??
Reply 238
Does anyone remember what g(x) was?
Same! I got 8sin as well but I think I missed out a square or something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending