The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 June 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

@veldt127 Is there any chance you can explain / show us working for question 7b)? I thought I got the answer at the time but I seem to remember my answer being different to yours - the question was to solve
3g(x+1) + 1 = 0
with g(x) = arcsinx
if I remember correctly? Thank you - and thanks so much for your answers, they're great! :smile:
Someone needs to get the actual paper up ASAP so everyone can establish the ranges in the trig questions. I will give an infinite number of rep using an infinite number of accounts to anyone who could possibly upload pictures of the paper. I'll even pay $. If you want $ PM me.
Reply 262
Original post by Linguist131
@veldt127 Is there any chance you can explain / show us working for question 7b)? I thought I got the answer at the time but I seem to remember my answer being different to yours - the question was to solve
3g(x+1) + 1 = 0
with g(x) = arcsinx
if I remember correctly? Thank you - and thanks so much for your answers, they're great! :smile:

Here you go! It was 3g(x+1) + pi = 0
image.jpg
does anyone know how many marks each questions is worth?
Reply 264
Guys does anyone remember question 5a please please i dont remember the question and dont remeber the answer and please help me
what was question 6 about again?
Original post by veldt127
image.jpg

Yep, that was it, thanks! I'm so annoyed - I think I wrote x = sin (pi / 3) when I converted it from arcsin and just missed out the 1 which is so irritating! Oh well, fingers crossed I only lost 1 or 2 marks for something that stupid - thanks :smile:
Reply 267
Original post by eyeman567
what was question 6 about again?

Long division, then finding a normal to the a point on the equation you found at the start.
Can someone explain how to do question 5a?
Original post by Narxs
I did 4e^2x =25
e^2x=25/4
2x=ln(25/4)
x=0.5ln(25/4)

But didn't simplify ant further would this be alright??

Just 1 mark you lose
Original post by Ayagh
Guys does anyone remember question 5a please please i dont remember the question and dont remeber the answer and please help me

Hi I think that is the one where you had 0=e^2x(3sintheta - 4costheta)

Something like that.
Then you end with tantheta = 3/4 or something.
image.jpg
Correct
image.jpg

I left it at sin(-pi) + 1 = x would i lose a mark for that?
Reply 273
Original post by Kay Fearn
I left it at sin(-pi) + 1 = x would i lose a mark for that?

It had to be sin(-pi/3)
Original post by unimaginable118
Does anyone remember how many marks the last question was? I was SO STUPID. I left it out :frown:(( looks like someones not going to uni...

Dont worry, it was like 8 max
It had to be sin(-pi/3)

yes that's what i mean, would i lose a mark for leaving it like that?
Reply 276
Original post by Kay Fearn
yes that's what i mean, would i lose a mark for leaving it like that?

Possibly 1 or 2 for not finishing the answer; you'll definitely get method marks
If you put 2cosec4y but did all working out correct how marks would you lose and what do people think an A will be?
Possibly 1 or 2 for not finishing the answer; you'll definitely get method marks

Yeah but i just left it as it's exact value, i thought that's what you had to do when it came to stuff with pi :-(
Original post by strud1e
LHS:
2/tan2A +tanA
2(1-tan^A)/2tanA +tanA
(1-tan^2A+tan^2A)/tanA
1/tanA

AH I was going to try it that way, but I did it the other way by making the cot into cos/sin and doing it all from there.. sigh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending