The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Maths C34 june 21 2016

Poll

How hard was this exam ??

How did your exam go guys ?? I found it really hard.

What did you get for the time question (the very last question) ?? I got 11 something.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The exam was alright for my taste. However, I calculated the time to be 138.16 seconds. K in the population question to be 0.614. I was expecting the graph of arc-something because they weren't asked for some time now.
Reply 2
I got time in the last question to be 11.63
What was the integration question answer? the 2^x one?
Reply 3
Original post by sonam_28

Couldn't solve the integration questions , not enough time to experiment with them.

What about the modulus function question ? What was your solutions of the inequality ??
Reply 4
Original post by AKucukuncular
The exam was alright for my taste. However, I calculated the time to be 138.16 seconds. K in the population question to be 0.614. I was expecting the graph of arc-something because they weren't asked for some time now.

I got the same value for K. The graph was easy as you could just try and plot it using a calc. to get the Y values. What solutions did you get for the modulus function inequality ?? What was your values for A and B for the 4th degree polynomial question ??
(edited 7 years ago)

8ln(2) - 3
(ln2)2
Original post by omar5478
I got the same value for K. The graph was easy as you could just try and plot it using a calc. to get the Y values. What solutions did you get for the modulus function inequality ?? What was your values for A and B for the 4th degree polynomial question ??

(2/3)a - (2/3)b < x < 2a + 2b
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by AKucukuncular
2a - 2b < x < 2a + 2b
3 3

Great !! I got the same.
Reply 8
what was the minimum value in the 1st question?
Reply 9
what was the minimum value in the 1st question?

It don't really remember but I think it was 10.something
How hard was exam on a scale of 1-10
10 being hardest
Reply 11
Original post by majidabdul
How hard was exam on a scale of 1-10
10 being hardest

I consistently lose no more than 5-6 marks in the C34 past papers, and I can tell you that this exam was significantly harder.
Original post by omar5478
I consistently lose no more than 5-6 marks in the C34 past papers, and I can tell you that this exam was significantly harder.

How many marks do u think u will lose here
Reply 13
Found it pretty hard, couldn't answer the last question though the integrals were ok
(edited 7 years ago)
What do u think A will be
Reply 15
I found it really difficult, integrals were okay but didn't try doing the last question
Reply 16
Original post by srppl
I found it really difficult, integrals were okay but didn't try doing the last question

It was quite the opposite for me, I didn't even attempt the integrals but solved the last question to its end.
Reply 17
Original post by majidabdul
How many marks do u think u will lose here

I would say a maximum of 20, but you never know with edexcel lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
I am so angry at myself. I read the draw arctanx graph question as draw tanx graph. How many marks am I losing in this part?
Reply 19
Original post by 5h4fin
I am so angry at myself. I read the draw arctanx graph question as draw tanx graph. How many marks am I losing in this part?

Wait, What ?? Are you sure he asked for the graph of arctan ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending