The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 June 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Anyone remember how many 6a was worth?
How many marks was question 6 part b worth
anyone know what question 6 actually was?
Original post by Gouber
What was question 6 again please?

The C4 question! It was long division.. (im sure thatll ring a bell
Original post by econam
Anyone remember how many 6a was worth?

If i were to guess it would be 10/or 11
Reply 305
Both parts of question 6 were worth 5 marks each
For Q6 did you have to leave the normal equation into a form or do you just leave it.
Was one of the questions tan2X = 2/3 or 3/2.. I got 3/2 and ended up getting 0.983 and 2.159? intervals were pi/2 and -pi/2
Original post by veldt127
When I get home I'll try to for the ones I remember

Long division, can't remember exactly values. It then gave the result of the division as a curve, and you had to find the normal when X=3.

I got the correct answers but I used the equating the numerators method (that comes in c4) instead of long division. Do u think I'll lose method marks for that?
Reply 309
how many marks was question 3c? cos i think i messed it, someone can explain it?
Original post by Mesosleepy
For Q6 did you have to leave the normal equation into a form or do you just leave it.

It didn't specify having to leave it in a certain form like it usually does so I guess it doesn't matter which form you leave it in just as long as you have the correct values.
Reply 311
Original post by Mesosleepy

I just left it as 2y -x - 35 = 0, not sure what form it was supposed to be in
Original post by wedge16
In part b you solved for when sin theta was negative, in part c however sin theta was positive

wait ... negative ? oh .. don't get me all exited .. so what was your equation going into 3(b) root5(pheta-26.57)-1=15 ? or was it something else ..
was it tanx=3/4 for 5(i)?? not tanx=4/3 right?
Does anyone remember what Q5i actually asked?
Reply 315
Original post by Haiiyaa
I got the correct answers but I used the equating the numerators method (that comes in c4) instead of long division. Do u think I'll lose method marks for that?

If you have the right answers and showed a valid method, you'll get the marks :smile:
Reply 316
do u know what Q5 was?
You didn't need to simplify 1/2ln(25/4). The question didn't say leave in its simplest form, it only said the exact coordinate.
Anyone remember how much each part of question 5 was worth?
can someone please put up the worked solution to question 5(i). starting to panic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending