The Student Room Group

How are you spending your summer?

Since exams have finished or atleast on the verge of finishing that means Summer for students has almost begun for some it has already begun.

So how is everyone spending their long summer??

Are you going on Holiday, do you have anything planned?

Interested to know what others are doing and may gives people ideas to do different things etc etc

Scroll to see replies

Playing video games and studying in preparation for university. Don't want to be rusty when I get there.
Reply 2
Mauritius for 2 weeks woooo.
out with friends, catching up on sleep and partying
plus go on a lads holiday to America
I'm currently working in a lab trying and failing to grow bacteria and archaea from the Atacama desert. Then I'm spending a few weeks doing some work on a non-mechanised farm.

But mostly I'm enjoying sitting around doing **** all before the life of postgraduate education begins.
Playing Skyrim, started watching game of thrones (very interesting), hang out with friends, do chores around house and lastly crying every night until results day
Reply 7
Looking for a part time job then hopefully getting one, doing some more cooking and baking, revision, reading, learning to drive and hopefully some volunteering. I'm hoping to be very busy this summer, because I cannot handle sitting at home and being lazy.
Reply 8
Finished uni on the 9th- now anxiously waiting my final classification.

I've been sorting out my CV so I can get a part time job to fund my masters (year out); editing my masters CV and writing personal statements for said masters courses.

That said I have a 70 mile charity bike ride next weekend :scared:
Reply 9
Ummm Sleep, sleep and wait, more sleep
(edited 7 years ago)
Why do you care?
Original post by Trapz99
Why do you care?

Boredom?!
I'm going on holiday. I'm celebrating my birthday abroad.
Reply 13
*fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap*

nah jk XD

I'm going away to Poland this summer
Sleep, look for a job, Lanzarote for a week, video games, two of my best friends' birthdays are next month and, of course, Results Day. Oh, and therapy
I'll be failing miserably at an internship overseas for a brief period before getting sent back home unpaid, then I'll likely go travelling with my dwindling overdraft before coming home and doing not very much probably.
- The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones
- Getting back into guitar
- Gaming
- Contemplating my disappointment on results day and hope my Asian dad doesn't lock me in the cuboard for the rest of the summer
- Maybe find a job? Working on my CV atm
- Compensate for my sleep deprivation
- Cadet sh*t
- Been invited to a couple parties

Still have lots of time on my hands, lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Hm

Uni shopping

Learning about fashion and maybe make up

Volunteering / part time job

Study my course beforehand

Learn new skills

Hopefully learn more Arabic
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
plus go on a lads holiday to America

A lads holiday to America? Thats the first time i have heard that, usually its Zante, Ibiza etc sounds cools though where abouts?

Original post by AlfieH
Mauritius for 2 weeks woooo.

Sounds nice, going at the start of summer or end?
Original post by TSRFT8
A lads holiday to America? Thats the first time i have heard that, usually its Zante, Ibiza etc sounds cools though where abouts?

Sounds nice, going at the start of summer or end?

going to Las Vegas and Miami for 1 month. go money to blow.

Quick Reply

Latest