The Student Room Group

Are we allowed to highlight questions in exams?

They say that you're not allowed to use highlighters in exams, but is that only for your answers or does it apply to the questions as well?

I'm thinking for S2, where they can give you a big chunk of information from which you have to pick out the figures you need, that highlighting the numbers will make it much easier to cope with. However, I'm not sure if this is allowed (I don't really know why it wouldn't be though).

Thanks in advance!
You must not use: highlighter pens in your answers (although you may use them to highlight questions, words or phrases within the question paper or question/answer booklet. You may also use a highlighter pen to highlight extracts in any resource material provided)

P31 s12.3 of the JCQ examination guidelines. = Not in your answer, but ok to highlight the soyrce material and exam paper.
Original post by 999tigger
P31 s12.3 of the JCQ examination guidelines. = Not in your answer, but ok to highlight the soyrce material and exam paper.

Thank you!

I did think that that was the case, but I thought I saw in my maths exam this morning in the instructions that highlighters should not be used but couldn't remember if it said anything more specific about questions/answers. And I tried looking online to find the front of an exam paper but for some reason they have a different front page which doesn't say anything about highlighters!

Anyway, thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest