The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I mean, cats groom themselves excessively and are usually quite clean, so as long as they go to the toilet outside that shouldn't be much of an issue.

But then again they do bring in frogs and birds which is a horrendous experience for the human who has to either clean them up or TAKE THE LIVING AND SCARED FROG OUTSIDE.

I had to get a live frog out of my bedroom (under the bed!!) on Sunday night and I'm traumatized from it.
It's up to the owner to potty train and wash the dog.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Yes may, but you forgot to mention my other links that prove my point, what?
Who does not want a clean house?
Of course I would want my partner to do her part, but I am not a caveman, but women are much cleaner on average.

The second is a general link listing all the types of illnesses that animals can give to humans. All of the most serious ones are dealt with through regular vaccinations, worming and fleaing. The rest of them are typically resulting from playing with the animal's **** or blood. If those pose a serious threat to you then you probably need to reevaluate your life.

The third was just a blank page for me in chrome, so I've no idea what it said, if anything.

How exactly do these prove your point? I mean, last I checked no one sat around keeping dogs with rabies and worms anymore than they kept a pet leper.

And given your apparent ideas of cleanliness, I imagine you must spend at least half your waking hours bleaching every available surface. That or you're simply being ridiculous and live in a normal mostly clean home like just about everyone else. I suspect the latter is true.
Original post by Fox Corner
I mean, cats groom themselves excessively and are usually quite clean, so as long as they go to the toilet outside that shouldn't be much of an issue.

But then again they do bring in frogs and birds which is a horrendous experience for the human who has to either clean them up or TAKE THE LIVING AND SCARED FROG OUTSIDE.

I had to get a live frog out of my bedroom (under the bed!!) on Sunday night and I'm traumatized from it.

Yeah cats are bastards. Cute though.
Original post by Fox Corner

Yes you have mentioned a very good point, a cat could hide a rooting rodent in the house, and a frog or a mouse can have a disease or parasites
I've never read any epistemology suggesting pet owners in developed Temperature countries are more prone to pathogenic infections than none pet owners (maybe a bit different for immuno compromised individuals). So I don't believe having pets in your home unhygienic.
I kind of relate but only on the level that it's not too pleasant to go to someone's house and find cat/dog hair on their furniture and clothes. If they keep it clean then I have no problem and just enjoy playing with their pets :biggrin:
Original post by Sarahchuu
I kind of relate but only on the level that it's not too pleasant to go to someone's house and find cat/dog hair on their furniture and clothes. If they keep it clean then I have no problem and just enjoy playing with their pets :biggrin:

I agree, when I see strands of hair/fur on a persons clothing it just looks so wrong.
i would be scared to paly with nay pet as I do not want to be bitten
I agree, when I see strands of hair/fur on a persons clothing it just looks so wrong.
i would be scared to paly with nay pet as I do not want to be bitten

You'd be wise to fear such a ferocious beast

Original post by Elivercury
You'd be wise to fear such a ferocious beast

Honestly, i had t leave a relationship, because of a family oet invading my personal space.
I would not feel comfortable getting fur on my clothes
Honestly, i had t leave a relationship, because of a family oet invading my personal space.
I would not feel comfortable getting fur on my clothes

If that's a particular obsession or compulsion for you then fair enough, pets clearly aren't for you. It doesn't make their hair unhygienic though. Nor is being bitten a serious concern. Plenty of people don't like pets or can't be bothered with them, so I am sure you'll find someone who doesn't want one either.
Maybe you've had a bad experience/impressions?

I have 2 cats and they are very clean. Never sh*t anywhere or anything. We don't let them outside often and if we do it's not for long. They always clean themselves and clean each other. You do realize cats saliva acts as an antiseptic?

I can see where you're coming from but if people maintain and clean their houses thoroughly regularly then I see no problem. It's like you think bacteria is unnatural and should be exterminated from planet earth immediately.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 32
omg are all these people just willfully ignorant a pet in an envornment no matter how much you bath them will track in microbes that can make anyone sick bad imune system or not i like dogs and cats and have both but i frign relize its very possible to catch somthing from them .yea kids are dirty to i got 2 myself and yea they can pack in things that do the same.dont beat this guy up for just pointing it out.it makes dog lovers look as dumb as sht.i like pets to but am not going to argue with common logic .
my man, I hate pets,

Latest