The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 June 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aerosmith
come on now, don't troll

i swer
Original post by ridazdi
Everything is fine apart for 5ii and 6b I don't understand how got those answers. But I'm not sure.

Could anyone please list the marks for each question please?

did you get tanx=3/4 for 5(i) or tanx=4/3?
did you get tanx=3/4 for 5(i) or tanx=4/3?

what was question 5
Original post by NVismvlol
Agreed but no one will upload it this evening I don't think. KPrime will be uploading it tomorrow though. I suggest just avoiding this discussion until KPrime uploads his solutions.

Where abouts will he be uploading it to? This thread or?
oh thank ****. thank you so much

Did that question state a range?
Original post by callum9977
Did that question state a range?

yeah pi/4 to pi/2 I believe. did you get tanx=3/4? (a troll answered and I don't know whether he/she is lying)
Original post by Mattematics
Brilliant :smile:

Think I got 73/75.

Lucky you:redface:
[QUOTE=Aerosmith;65983467]did you get tanx=3/4 for 5(i) or tanx=4/3?

After differentiating by using the product rule and letting dydx equal zero I got 3cos4x=4sin4x and dividing both sides by cos4x I got 4tan4x=3 so tan4x=3/4 so I'm worried why everyone is saying just tanx=3/4?
Original post by xdaryaxx
What do u think the grade boundaries are

I reckon around 67 for an A*, compared to last years paper it was slightly easier, and last years was 65 for A*
yeah pi/4 to pi/2 I believe. did you get tanx=3/4? (a troll answered and I don't know whether he/she is lying)

Yeah I got tan4x = 3/4
Original post by ridazdi
After differentiating by using the product rule and letting dydx equal zero I got 3cos4x=4sin4x and dividing both sides by cos4x I got 4tan4x=3 so tan4x=3/4 so I'm worried why everyone is saying just tanx=3/4?

I think we would've included the 4, don't worry ahaha. I couldn't fully remember the question - I think it was tan4x but the 3/4 is all I needed to know. thank god
Original post by Angus09
I got sin(-pi/3)-1 or something

Prediction of grade boundaries ?!?!
Original post by callum9977
Yeah I got tan(3/4)

thank you cheers

nah seriously its tan4X = 3/4
Grade Boundaries are likely to be a bit lower than last year, maybe 61-63 for an A*/ 57-58 for an A

Any less and you're scum :biggrin:.
Original post by Mesosleepy

What was the final answer? I've forgotten
Original post by Mesosleepy

I included the 4x dw, I couldn't remember the question fully. thanks, phew no stupid marks dropped there
when u apply for maths but dont do well in a level maths so nice :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
What was question 5!!!!!!!!!11
Does anyone have any idea of the what the grade boundaries could look like? mainly looking for 90 UMS

Quick Reply

Latest