The Student Room Group

OCR C3 (not MEI) Official Thread - Tuesday 21st June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abscissa
wasn't tanb just 3?

Yeah just 3 because it was a cubic root which only come out with a positive
Can anyone remember what question 3 was as I got completely different answers to everyone else and want to try and figure out where I messed up??
(edited 7 years ago)
did you have to give the coordinates to 3dp or was 3sf sufficient
Reply 263
Original post by Wolfie88
Can anyone remember what question 3 was as I got completely different answers to everyone else and want to try and figure out where I messed up??

It was the exponential decay question. The answers on the markscheme are correct.
Reply 264
what was the question for 2i?
Reply 265
Original post by samm 0
what was the question for 2i?

Integrating those two things
I meant what did the actual question say...
It was something like when t=0, m=... when t=? m=?....

Original post by SGHD26716
It was the exponential decay question. The answers on the markscheme are correct.
Reply 267
For question 3ii you had to find the time taken for M to reach 50g to the nearest integer.
I got the time taken for M=50g to be t=31.06 (something or other-basically just over 31).
So surely integer t should be t=32, because at t=31, M hasn't actually reached 50g yet?
Or do they just want the closest value to t?? I found it difficult to understand what they were asking.

Let me know what you think
Reply 268
Original post by RmAthS
For question 3ii you had to find the time taken for M to reach 50g to the nearest integer.
I got the time taken for M=50g to be t=31.06 (something or other-basically just over 31).
So surely integer t should be t=32, because at t=31, M hasn't actually reached 50g yet?
Or do they just want the closest value to t?? I found it difficult to understand what they were asking.

Let me know what you think

I think they said nearest integer value
Reply 269
I think they said nearest integer value

but surely it had to be t=32 otherwise M wouldn't have been 50g?
more like 49.__g
Reply 270
Original post by RmAthS
but surely it had to be t=32 otherwise M wouldn't have been 50g?
more like 49.__g

Even if that's the case, it will only lose one mark.

How did you find the paper? I thought is was quite good, (hopefully 100 UMS). My exams have finished
Original post by Baileyprice1234
Yeah, how do you do q6?

I can't remember the exact question, but you had the two functions which met a certain value of x and also had the same gradient at this value of x. You put them equal to each other and sub in the value of x. Differentiate them both and sub in the value of x as well and you have simultaneous equations which both have a and b. You can then solve simultaneously to get a=6 and b=5.
Reply 272
Even if that's the case, it will only lose one mark.

How did you find the paper? I thought is was quite good, (hopefully 100 UMS). My exams have finished

Very true. I thought the paper was fairly average maybe slightly trickier than usual for people who aren't comfortable with fiddly trig identities, but I found it good too:smile: What do you think boundaries will be?
Original post by drandy76
Plugging pi/6 into a calculator gives 2, not 1, it was 0.6something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, i got 0.659, not pi/6 aswell, i got cos2theta = 0.25. everyone getting pi/6 is stressing me out !
Original post by garlicbread23
Hi, i got 0.659, not pi/6 aswell, i got cos2theta = 0.25. everyone getting pi/6 is stressing me out !

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466521659.052329.jpg no need to worry, you were correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 275
Original post by RmAthS
Very true. I thought the paper was fairly average maybe slightly trickier than usual for people who aren't comfortable with fiddly trig identities, but I found it good too:smile: What do you think boundaries will be?

Just below average I would say. 56 an A.
I guess you're doing C4. How is that compared to C3? I'm doing it next year so is there trig stuff in there as well?
Original post by drandy76
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466521659.052329.jpg no need to worry, you were correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank You!, also for the last one, i might be wrong with 8sin^3theta? i dont see how people got just 8sintheta?
Just below average I would say. 56 an A.
I guess you're doing C4. How is that compared to C3? I'm doing it next year so is there trig stuff in there as well?

In vectors and possible integration I think? Not nearly as much as in c3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by garlicbread23
Thank You!, also for the last one, i might be wrong with 8sin^3theta? i dont see how people got just 8sintheta?

I got 32 sin theta ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466522041.497756.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GcseLad-_-
did you have to give the coordinates to 3dp or was 3sf sufficient

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I think it specified 3 sig fig

Quick Reply

Latest