The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century B7 C7 P7 - W/C - Monday 20th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rebbarn29
When was most of B7 in that B7 exam?!

I know, it felt like the exam barely tested us on anything. Oh well, at least it wasn't difficult.

Anyone have any idea on what the grade boundaries will be like?
Original post by bonnie_x
I know, it felt like the exam barely tested us on anything. Oh well, at least it wasn't difficult.

Anyone have any idea on what the grade boundaries will be like?

Probably the same as last year's or a mark or two higher.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
So biology over! Onto C7!Thought biology was good, although for waste i put fruit and flowers :frown: ahaha because i was stupid, dammit
Original post by realsmilee
So biology over! Onto C7!Thought biology was good, although for waste i put fruit and flowers :frown: ahaha because i was stupid, dammit

I'm pretty sure that's correct! I think you could have put oxygen from photosynthesis, carbon dioxide from respiration, faeces, fallen leaves, petals etc
Original post by pinksplodge
I'm pretty sure that's correct! I think you could have put oxygen from photosynthesis, carbon dioxide from respiration, faeces, fallen leaves, petals etc

Really? :tongue:
Oh, that's good news :colondollar:

How are you feeling about C7?
Reply 165
Original post by bonnie_x
thank you so much!!

thankyou.
Really? :tongue:
Oh, that's good news :colondollar:

How are you feeling about C7?

idk I prefer chemistry in general to physics and bio so hoping it goes well...still not too sure about some parts though:redface: how did you find the c4-6 paper?
Does anyone have the 2015 c7 paper??
Anyone have any good youtube videos for c7?
Original post by reu_taylor
Anyone have any good youtube videos for c7?

These videos are good.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7O6CcKg0HaEz0OWsbQO-EVa3wazbS_9j

Thanks, good luck in the exam tomorrow!
Thanks, good luck in the exam tomorrow!

Same to you!
Someone give me motivation to revise C7 as its the last thing I wanna do :frown:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Someone give me motivation to revise C7 as its the last thing I wanna do :frown:

Revise or you'll fail :wink:

Please revise, as after tomorrow you will not have an opportunity to do anything more so prepare fully and the results will be worth it!
Revise or you'll fail :wink:

Fair point :tongue:

Original post by Speedbird129
Please revise, as after tomorrow you will not have an opportunity to do anything more so prepare fully and the results will be worth it!

This actually helped funnily enough, thanks :smile:
Fair point :tongue:

This actually helped funnily enough, thanks :smile:

You are welcome. :smile:
Can anyone explain the Haber Process? and Le Chatelier's Principle? :confused:

Just think that you will never have to do chemistry again after tomorrow!! :biggrin:
Can anyone explain the Haber Process? and Le Chatelier's Principle? :confused:

Haber process:
Ammonia (2NH₃) is made by reacting nitrogen (N₂) and hydrogen (3H₂) together at a pressure of 200 atmospheres, a temperature of 450°C and using an iron catalyst. The process by which this is done industrially is called the Haber process. The reaction is reversible, meaning that not all of the nitrogen and hydrogen will be converted into ammonia as some ammonia will also break down. However none of the reactants are wasted, as those that are not used are recycled and passed through again.

Le Chatelier's principle:
Le Chatelier's principle states that in dynamic equilibrium, the position of equilibrium shifts to try to cancel out any changes you make. For example: A + B C + D. Increasing the concentration of A means more C and D are produced to counteract the change. If the reaction is exothermic in the forward direction and endothermic in the backwards direction, heating the mixture means the equilibrium moves to the left to counteract the change. If A + B C, compressing (increasing the pressure of) the mixture means the equilibrium moves to the right to counteract the change. If there are more molecules in one side of the equilibrium than the other, the equilibrium will shift to the side with fewer molecules to counteract the imbalance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending