The Student Room Group

How did you find the EDEXCEL C3 exam?

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got the link for the 2015,2014,2013 poll like this one?

Edit:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3399381
Found the 2015 one
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by particlestudent
that's not hard :biggrin:, this one was way worse

Cot2x + Tanx = Cotx was nowhere near as hard in my opinion. The moment I saw it I could do it right away. The Jun15 one had me scratching my head for half an hour.
Original post by Hey111
Cot2x + Tanx = Cotx was nowhere near as hard in my opinion. The moment I saw it I could do it right away. The Jun15 one had me scratching my head for half an hour.

sin2A+cos2A=1\sin ^2 A + \cos ^2 A = 1 is in my opinion and easier identity than 1+cot2A=csc2A1 + \cot ^2 A = \csc ^2 A (slightly)
I thought I had done good, but looking at this I think i got around 56/75... hopefully enough for a high B
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Arthi1
omg same
I got 63.4 too

You do realize that you can check your answer by substituting it back into the original equation. With your answer, the result isn't 15
Reply 65
Original post by X_IDE_sidf
sin2A+cos2A=1\sin ^2 A + \cos ^2 A = 1 is in my opinion and easier identity than 1+cot2A=csc2A1 + \cot ^2 A = \csc ^2 A (slightly)

Cos^x + 2SinxCosx + Sin^x = (Cos^x + Sin^x)^2 isn't.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JasPuddy
You do realize that you can check your answer by substituting it back into the original equation. With your answer, the result isn't 15

my method was to keep subbing in values till i got close to 15... worked but meant i spent way too long for a 2 marker
Original post by buterallah
Moderately hard, but I don't think the grade boundaries will be low coz of Q8 being copied from an older paper

what do you mean by copied... like was it the same ??!
60A, 66A* I think....
It was quite challenging relative to other C3 papers, probably same difficulty as last year's paper. But quite a few students who don't do Further Maths might have have found it hard especially in exam conditions. I reckon it will be about the same grade boundaries as last year. I'm pretty sure I got about 73/74 so hopefully 100.
The 2015 poll and this year's poll look very similar as well.
Reply 70
I put the alpha question in radians not degrees - how many marks do u think ill drop?
Reply 71
Original post by fefssdf
what do you mean by copied... like was it the same ??!

Look at June 2007 question 8
Original post by Hey111

I struggled with it. I hate anything involving Cos2x, I ignored using the sin^2-cos^2 identity cos it was barely ever used.
I had like 7 lines of working out using the 1-2sin^2x identity, I don't even think I'll get a mark for that :frown:
How would you feel if you got nearly every questions correct (including the last question), and just few minutes before the end, realised that you missed out a whole question (q5) which was worth 10 marks..?

Hoping i'd get a method mark or two for using the product rule
Original post by edothero
As mentioned, I'm not sure if there were any restrictions. If not, you probably would. If there was, -1

This one was not eithin range i checked in the exam

Range was pi by 4 and pi by 2
Original post by Student_2357
It was quite challenging relative to other C3 papers, probably same difficulty as last year's paper. But quite a few students who don't do Further Maths might have have found it hard especially in exam conditions. I reckon it will be about the same grade boundaries as last year. I'm pretty sure I got about 73/74 so hopefully 100.
The 2015 poll and this year's poll look very similar as well.

Same, i got all the answers but i took one or 2 away since i probably messed up decimal places somewhere
Original post by fefssdf
my method was to keep subbing in values till i got close to 15... worked but meant i spent way too long for a 2 marker

the answer was 86.1
Original post by alevelstresss
easy but I do further maths, i reckon a lot of people doing just single maths will have found it hard, boundary won't be higher than 65 for an A*

I hope you're right my friend..
What do you all think a mark of anywhere between 63-66 will be?
Reply 79
Yeah I did at first, but the catch was it was 2costheta + sintheta, instead of what you calculated previously which was 2costheta - sintheta

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending