The Student Room Group

Need Motivational help gcse maths

So I've done paper 1 of my gcse maths mock (the new level 9-1 spec) and I did completely sh*t.
I lost all motivation to revise for the next tomorrow because, of how bad I did.
Could some1 help me, or suggest ways I can improve.
I have done the normal maths gcse (a*-u) and I was really nad at maths during year 10, but weirdly I enjoyed it.

I pushed myself to revise because I did enjoy the subject even tho I was bad. When you're passionate about a subject you naturally push yourself to go further.
But not everyones like that.....

But to do well in maths I suggest keep going at those past paper! GET FAMILIAR with the type of questions they through out.
Practice as much as you can...

Use maths watch.. I think so hey have videos the new exams! Also there's a maths channel called hegarty maths. Don't give up!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
The fact that you are writing here proves that you do care, anyway, it's just a mock. I didn't revise for mocks anyway lol
Reply 3
Original post by FNPC
The fact that you are writing here proves that you do care, anyway, it's just a mock. I didn't revise for mocks anyway lol

care about what? my grade or what?
Reply 4
Original post by amanii_ox
I have done the normal maths gcse (a*-u) and I was really nad at maths during year 10, but weirdly I enjoyed it.

I pushed myself to revise because I did enjoy the subject even tho I was bad. When you're passionate about a subject you naturally push yourself to go further.
But not everyones like that.....

But to do well in maths I suggest keep going at those past paper! GET FAMILIAR with the type of questions they through out.
Practice as much as you can...

Use maths watch.. I think so hey have videos the new exams! Also there's a maths channel called hegarty maths. Don't give up!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks man, i can't stop revising because I did bad in one test
Original post by theBranicAc
So I've done paper 1 of my gcse maths mock (the new level 9-1 spec) and I did completely sh*t.
I lost all motivation to revise for the next tomorrow because, of how bad I did.
Could some1 help me, or suggest ways I can improve.

Don't worry man. Do a past paper and then another, watching your mark gradually improve will rpovide motivation. Also may I suggest that you also try the lower grade questions as well as the higher ones, since people sometimes drop marks on easier questinos as well, this way you shoudl be guaranteed at least a decent mark, even if you don't get the harder questions.

Quick Reply

Latest