The Student Room Group

AQA Roman Epic -the Aeneid Discussion

Scroll to see replies

How did u guys find it?? What questions did you do??
Original post by Oochiecoo

The one on Mezentius and Lasus and then the one on events, question 7 i think,
really nice paper, definitely made up for the tragedy, i had prepared the 20 mark as a 40 mark last night so had lots to write for that and the 40 mark was so similar to last year and i have a lot of notes on that so overall one of the best papers

The question on Dido and the 40 marker about Political and Cultural values. I think it went pretty well! Questions were pretty straightforward and not awfully worded :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by lappy482
The question on Dido and the 40 marker about Political and Cultural values. I think it went pretty well! Questions were pretty straightforward and not awfully worded :smile:

I totally called Dido! Right back at the begining of this thread. I loved the paper, really nice, I did the dido section and then option D, "none of the mortals display roman values consistently". I hope I got an A, so i cab make up for tragedy.
i did Dido and the question on mortals and consistency in roman values - so much nicer than the last paper, plus id prepared on roman values and women the night before which certainly helped :biggrin:
I really think i ****ed up the 40 marker :frown: I only talked about aeneas' pietas, furore, evanders frugality and Mezentius's furore :frown:
Reply 66
In the 20 marker about Mezentius, did it say not to refer to Book 12? Because I included Book 12 but apparently it wasn't listed as one of the Books to include...
Original post by Fcart
In the 20 marker about Mezentius, did it say not to refer to Book 12? Because I included Book 12 but apparently it wasn't listed as one of the Books to include...

No, I went to write about Aeneas acting as a bad example to his son disrespecting what his father had taught him, clementia etc but realised it only said 7,8,10 and 11
I really think i ****ed up the 40 marker :frown: I only talked about aeneas' pietas, furore, evanders frugality and Mezentius's furore :frown:

There's so much to write about for that question, I would say everyone will have left out something because there's too many characters to cover in that amount of time so I'd say not to worry, I fckd up the tragedy
Good luck everyone!!!!! Have you seen the grade boundaries??
Reply 70
I think it's 55 for an A this year, I can't remember the boundaries off the top of my head. 55 for an A on Roman epic and 53 for an A on tragedy I think.
Does anyone have any documents about Augustan context? Or just revision notes about The Aenied at all? :smile:
Original post by Azael274
Hi everyone,

I'm doing AQA Classics -Roman epic (CIV4C) and am wondering if anyone has any predictions on what might come up. I think Dido might appear, along with something on the connection between fate/the gods/Rome. Any predictions?

Hi! I'm pretty new here. I'm doing the Classics exam this year (2019) so it's a new spec, and I figured you've probably forgotten the specifics about your A-levels now, but I was wondering, how did it go? Also, do you have any tips for revising the poem?

Quick Reply