The Student Room Group

Edexcel history source paper gcse

For question 5 i accidentally answered the question wrong. I wrote about how I agreed with the statement and then I said this was because All three sources supported the statement, then i wrote about how each source supported the statement, and its reliability and nop. How many marks will i get? really sad rn
Original post by annamcleod
For question 5 i accidentally answered the question wrong. I wrote about how I agreed with the statement and then I said this was because All three sources supported the statement, then i wrote about how each source supported the statement, and its reliability and nop. How many marks will i get? really sad rn

How is that a mistake? What are you supposed to do?
Reply 2
Original post by keepyourapology
How is that a mistake? What are you supposed to do?

Apparently you're meant to compare the sources and say which one supports the statement the most
Hello. Which paper is this again? Because at LEAST one of the sources has to disagree with the statement to a certain extent. That's why the question is called a JUDGEMENT question. I think that top bands require you to analyse two sides to the argument because if you don't, you WILL be capped no matter the content of your answer.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Evilstr99
Hello. Which paper is this again? Because at LEAST one of the sources has to disagree with the statement to a certain extent. That's why the question is called a JUDGEMENT question. I think that top bands require you to analyse two sides to the argument because if you don't, you WILL be capped no matter the content of your answer.

Omg, why do you have to be so snappy? The person made a mistake and they're clearly upset about it. The question asks you to talk about the EXTENT of support that each source provides to the statement. If this was Unit 3C (1951-1971), I wrote that 2 sources did not agree with the statement, but one did. And you get marks for talking about NOP (I asked my teacher) so do NOT worry! Even if you aren't in top band, that is still only a max loss of 3 marks!

Apparently you're meant to compare the sources and say which one supports the statement the most
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
the paper was the transformation of british society paper, about unemployment? If there is a cap do you think I could get 10 marks?
Reply 6
Omg, why do you have to be so snappy? The person made a mistake and they're clearly upset about it. The question asks you to talk about the EXTENT of support that each source provides to the statement. If this was Unit 3C (1951-1971), I wrote that 2 sources did not agree with the statement, but one did. And you get marks for talking about NOP (I asked my teacher) so do NOT worry! Even if you aren't in top band, that is still only a max loss of 3 marks!

okay thankyou :smile:

So does me asking a question make me snappy? What's the logic in that? Everyone asks questions like this, does that make everyone snappy? What you said later on was literally similar to what I said.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
So the question was like:

Source F suggests that the National Government did little to help unemployment.

How far do you agree with this interpretation? Use your own knowledge, Sources A, E F and any other sources you find helpful in your answer.
Reply 9
also dont worry u werent snappy it was helpful i think it was just cos of the capital letters she thought u were snappy
okay thankyou :smile:

The best candidates produce structured balanced responses that answerthe question, bringing in support from the sources and their own knowledge to answerthe question. They weigh the evidence (sources and own knowledge) to make an overalljudgement based on the weight of evidence given in the sources and/or their reliabilityas well as their own knowledge.

This is the response from the Examiner's Report from June 2015.

Sustained argument and evaluation, reviewing alternativeviews before giving a balanced judgement on theinterpretation.The answer considers the evidence which supports the interpretationand also considers counter evidence. The evaluation of theinterpretation is supported by precisely-selected evidence from thesources and additional knowledge.

This is from the Mark Scheme. As you can see, it is not as bad of a situation, as you have provided all aspects of the answer, but not considered counter-evidence. This will probably not cost you a lot.

Original post by Evilstr99
So does me asking a question make me snappy? What's the logic in that? Everyone asks questions like this, does that make everyone snappy?

You were quite condescending to OP, by saying that it's a "JUDGEMENT" question, and that no matter the content of their answer, they're going to lose marks. The exam is done and so they can't do anything so why do you have to be so harsh about the fact that they've made a mistake and lost marks? I feel you could have phrased it better, especially as OP sounds QUITE UPSET ABOUT THIS, unlike other people who usually post these sorts of threads on TSR. If you feel Im wrong, then Im sorry, but that is my opinion.
Reply 11
first time im using tsr so i just wanna say thankyou both for helping i appreciate it plus thanks for being so nice keepyourapology
Which source paper did you do? I did the one on Britain 1930-1950
Reply 13
Original post by niv1234
Which source paper did you do? I did the one on Britain 1930-1950

yeah i think i did that one too, it was about unemployment and the jarrow march and stuff?
yeah i think i did that one too, it was about unemployment and the jarrow march and stuff?

Yeah thats the one I did. I liked the questions but I ran out of time and couldn't write a conclusion for the last question :frown: Hopefully I don't get marked down by too much.
Reply 15
What Key topic was it on the 2016 source paper?

Quick Reply

Latest