The Student Room Group

AS and A2 in one year advice?

I did AS and am completing A2 now with subjects that do not interest me and weren't for me so I barely studied the whole year and became heavily depressed about it so did not perform how I should have, I know my results aren't going to be great so I decided to retake the whole thing in one year -an intense course where I will be able to carry out subjects I really want to study e.g. art/sociology and politics. just wondering has any one had the same experiences as me or do u guys know of anywhere where they can offer intense retakes colleges sixth forms not private ones (my bank account don't work like that)😂😂😂😂 in London?
really in need of advice please help xx
Reply 1
Original post by abider09
I did AS and am completing A2 now with subjects that do not interest me and weren't for me so I barely studied the whole year and became heavily depressed about it so did not perform how I should have, I know my results aren't going to be great so I decided to retake the whole thing in one year -an intense course where I will be able to carry out subjects I really want to study e.g. art/sociology and politics. just wondering has any one had the same experiences as me or do u guys know of anywhere where they can offer intense retakes colleges sixth forms not private ones (my bank account don't work like that)😂😂😂😂 in London?

Personally no, but one of my friends has, and he ended up retaking the whole year and he's doing really well now. Just take subjects that you'll enjoy this time round and study hard, he retook his a levels at a private school though so I can only wish you the best of luck!!!

Just bump the original thread instead of posting twice...

:rolleyes:
Reply 3
Original post by Gin44
Personally no, but one of my friends has, and he ended up retaking the whole year and he's doing really well now. Just take subjects that you'll enjoy this time round and study hard, he retook his a levels at a private school though so I can only wish you the best of luck!!!

Thanks a bunch it feels good to know someone out there has done this process and done well for themselves. I agree with you, I truly believe if I was to do something enjoyed id be much better xxx
Thanks again
Reply 4
bump
bump

I took AS and A2 further maths in 1 year, self taught and doing the modules FP1-FP3 and M3-M5. Literally because I couldn't get enough mechanics and wanted to deepen my mathematical knowledge and develop my problem solving ability (aka I just loved maths). Some said I was setting my self up for trouble and when I eventually told my teachers if they'd enter me in as a candidate in my own Sixth Form, they immediately refused saying there is "no way" I am ready. I contacted other schools around and eventually found a college that would be willing to accept me as a private candidate. I am now at Cambridge doing Engineering (2nd year) and have never looked back, proving my teachers wrong. Balancing the workload with my other 3 A-Levels could become a bit stressful however I achieved 90%+ in all of the further modules apart from Mechanics 4 which went rather badly.... I would say you make the decision and go for it with your head held high and filled with optimism. It can definitely be done with enough determination and motivation (for any subject I'd say). Good Luck!
Defo choose sociology, i did AS and A2 in one year and because it is a snynoptic subject, it reallly helped!
Reply 7

Wouldn't really recommend it for practical subjects like Art. Too much coursework in a short space of time.

Sociology or politics would be okay to do though.
Reply 8
If you choose politics, don't do UK and US politics. You'll get confused between the two. UK politics and ideologies would be a good route to do.
Reply 9
Original post by mariarose_
Defo choose sociology, i did AS and A2 in one year and because it is a snynoptic subject, it reallly helped!

thanks!!!!!!! :smile:
sociology and politics is a defooo!
Reply 10
Original post by dofjlkdsfj
I took AS and A2 further maths in 1 year, self taught and doing the modules FP1-FP3 and M3-M5. Literally because I couldn't get enough mechanics and wanted to deepen my mathematical knowledge and develop my problem solving ability (aka I just loved maths). Some said I was setting my self up for trouble and when I eventually told my teachers if they'd enter me in as a candidate in my own Sixth Form, they immediately refused saying there is "no way" I am ready. I contacted other schools around and eventually found a college that would be willing to accept me as a private candidate. I am now at Cambridge doing Engineering (2nd year) and have never looked back, proving my teachers wrong. Balancing the workload with my other 3 A-Levels could become a bit stressful however I achieved 90%+ in all of the further modules apart from Mechanics 4 which went rather badly.... I would say you make the decision and go for it with your head held high and filled with optimism. It can definitely be done with enough determination and motivation (for any subject I'd say). Good Luck!

Omg! That's so inspiring!
I'll definitely look into it, thanks for that and congratulations 😀😀😀😀😊🎉
I really want to follow my gut on this one xx

Quick Reply

Latest