The Student Room Group

AS Biology CCEA AB111

Scroll to see replies

I would just assume to draw the basic layers... They are hard to get perfect like aren't they?
Original post by MirandaB98
Predictions for AS 2 Bubbles?!

Took a break after that exam today! I'll be back at it tomorrow and i should have predictions soon! (Hopefully as good as as1 even though i still dont think i did well)
But i knew it had to be enzymes for the essay as it was the first essay to appear in 2010 when spec changed and hadnt been on since when every other topic was!! 👌🏻
(edited 7 years ago)
Predictions for the essay question on Thursday please for AS 2? Thanksss
Reply 23
Original post by MirandaB98
Predictions for the essay question on Thursday please for AS 2? Thanksss

I was maybe thinking adaptions for gas exchange in plants? Don't think it's ever come up before but I am struggling to predict for this paper much more than AS 1!! Possibly as well adaptations of mesosphytes xerophytes and hydrophytes?
Bubbles what are you thinking?
any predictions for as2? the section B last year was BEAUTIFUL :frown:
also praying that it's not on something to do with adaption etc... hate that
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Carokelly123
any predictions for as2? the section B last year was BEAUTIFUL :frown:
also praying that it's not on something to do with adaption etc... hate that

I would love the cardiac cycle, but i haven't done any papers/havent checked what has came up. I will have predictions tomorrow night/wednesday after chemistry.

Ive only just started papers for Chemistry
Original post by ozmo19
I would love the cardiac cycle, but i haven't done any papers/havent checked what has came up. I will have predictions tomorrow night/wednesday after chemistry.

haven't done any papers for chemistry yet... might start at 5
Original post by ozmo19

So AS2 is proving harder to predict than AS1 as it doesn't follow the same pattern and essays have been repeated twice in a row ! Cardiac cycle hasnt been on since 2013 so you may be lucky however plant adaptations havent been on since 2010 and 2011! Well xerophytes was two years ago but it was more connected to selection
I really can't give solid predictions like last time but i hope its nothing to do with plants...
Reply 28
Original post by ozmo19

At first I was thinking it could possibly be the cardiac cycle because it came up in June 2009 but it was up in 2013 as part b) of the essay. So I guess that reduces the chances of it coming up again as a long question.
does anyone know how long it's been since an ecology/adaption/selection etc question has come up (excluding the directional selection section B one last year)?
Reply 30
Ive had a look and i think that it could definitely be transport of water through root/stem/leaf or haemoglobin/myoglobin

@Carokelly123 @Barrtender @Bubbles98
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ozmo19
Ive had a look and i think that it could definitely be transport of water through root/stem/leaf or haemoglobin/myoglobin

@Carokelly123 @Barrtender @Bubbles98

would love both of those.. ps how long does it take to learn all of the ecology stuff does anyone know?? (if anyone hasn't noticed I hate that bit with a passion :smile::smile:)
Reply 32
Probably not very long! I don't have time to revise all that very much so I think I'm just going to do past paper questions and look at their mark schemes cause I reckon it would be quite repetitive!
Original post by Barrtender
Probably not very long! I don't have time to revise all that very much so I think I'm just going to do past paper questions and look at their mark schemes cause I reckon it would be quite repetitive!

i literally just read the ccea textbook stuff on it so yeah I'm gonna do past papers now! I have chemistry on Wednesday so probably wont get back to biology until after that exams over :'(
Reply 34
Original post by Carokelly123
i literally just read the ccea textbook stuff on it so yeah I'm gonna do past papers now! I have chemistry on Wednesday so probably wont get back to biology until after that exams over :'(

Ah I know how you feel I've business on Wednesday too :frown: I'm just gonna have to cram lots in tomorrow
Original post by ozmo19

Thanks i'm thinking along the same lines too!! I hope we're right as would hate it to be the heart or lungs 😂😂
Do yous think there'll be much biodiversity seeing as it was basically the whole paper last year?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
[QUOTE="Bubbles98;65989233"]
Original post by ozmo19

Thanks i'm thinking along the same lines too!! I hope we're right as would hate it to be the heart or lungs 😂😂
Do yous think there'll be much biodiversity seeing as it was basically the whole paper last year?

I hope there's no biodiversity. I hate the topic with a passion. Id love the two i mentioned and even heart and lungs Id like. I just find those topics really interesting
[QUOTE="ozmo19;65989853"]
Original post by Bubbles98

I hope there's no biodiversity. I hate the topic with a passion. Id love the two i mentioned and even heart and lungs Id like. I just find those topics really interesting

The heart is interesting i just find it hard to remember lol!! Biodiversity is so so boring and apparently theres so much of it at A2 😭
Reply 38
[QUOTE="Bubbles98;65990227"]
Original post by ozmo19

The heart is interesting i just find it hard to remember lol!! Biodiversity is so so boring and apparently theres so much of it at A2 😭

Screw that I'd rather drop then do biodiversity again. Ill be cramming tomorrow because i know nothing right now
So we reckon transport of water through root/stem/leaf or haemoglobin/myoglobin guys?

Quick Reply

Latest