The Student Room Group

Business Studies - Unit 4 Edexcel (New Balance)

Hi guys!
Does anyone have the potential hotspots or a prediction list of what they might think the Edxcel unit 4 business paper will have on in relation to the New Balance pre release?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SimranHarleen
Hi guys!
Does anyone have the potential hotspots or a prediction list of what they might think the Edxcel unit 4 business paper will have on in relation to the New Balance pre release?

csr might come up theres a quite a bit of csr on the pre-release i think,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i haven't looked at it for like a month now :/
same! I've started revising today I have potential topics that could come up;

CSR
Financial Documents (Profitability and Liquidity)
Corporate Strategy - Ansoff/Boston Matrix
Corporate Objectives
Mission Statements
Contribution and Special Orders (not been on)

hope that helps
same! I've started revising today I have potential topics that could come up;

CSR
Financial Documents (Profitability and Liquidity)
Corporate Strategy - Ansoff/Boston Matrix
Corporate Objectives
Mission Statements
Contribution and Special Orders (not been on)

hope that helps

Special orders is such as silly topic, you think it'll come up ? Is about negotiating prices with suppliers ?
Special orders as in companies who want to purchase new balance trainers for cheaper than normal, Like India buying a pair for 25£ instead of £55 this makes it a special order
Special orders as in companies who want to purchase new balance trainers for cheaper than normal, Like India buying a pair for 25£ instead of £55 this makes it a special order

Yh so its basically price negotiations with suppliers and wholesalers etc..
You know investment appraisal my teacher taught us about Net Present Value but I didn't understand it well, she said if the value is positive after all the years then the investment is worthwhile, I was looking online for examples and they all seemed to be positive. How and when can the value be negative ?
Reply 7
Exam tomorrow :frown: I feel so unprepared, how are you guys feeling?
with evidence d which is the financial document I've worked out the ROCE, gross profit margin and net profit margin and compared them in relation to the both years
Hi there ,

I have an business unit 4 exam tomorrow and I am so unprepared.

Please can we make a whatsapp group or something because I really need help.

My number is 07742434896.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what do you need help on?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically everything.

Can we do a thread or something. In which we go through each point in the specification. Then we will talk about the evidence and then new balance?
Reply 12
Can someone help me? I learned the definition of Corporate Culture as being: values,attitudes, beliefs & meanings that are shared by people and groups within an organisation. However, in a past paper it says it's simply: the way things are done. Which one is it??
Yeah thats correct

But I hate revising for business this newbalance stuff is so boring. And I need to get a good grade in it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shabaz.ashraf
Yeah thats correct

But I hate revising for business this newbalance stuff is so boring. And I need to get a good grade in it

Posted from TSR Mobile

loool yh business is so DEAD, tbh just waffle logically :/ tomorrow, thats the key and make sure you use the evidence at any given opportunity even if its irrelevant.
Basically I know the content. I just need to read over New Balance.
Original post by shabaz.ashraf
Basically I know the content. I just need to read over New Balance.

for corporate culture wouldnt you just say that what type of culture is present at new balance and how it affects certain things such as their employees ..... my teacher gave me a weird question asking how "NB's corporate culture affects their expansion plans, i couldn't answer it" ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Lets create a whatsapp group mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hi everyone,have you lot done any retakes for Unit 1 or 2 this summer?Also how did you lot find unit 3?
Retook unit 2 it was okay

Unit 3 was hard wrote ******** lol

Dreading unit 4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending