The Student Room Group

Just out of curiosity.. (NCS discussion)

Who's going on NCS starting on the 22nd June?

Not that I'm going on that date or anything.. just wondering...
I was planning to go on August 8th, but I'm opting out (mainly because I cannot afford to miss results day)
Reply 2
Original post by Marshall Taylor
I was planning to go on August 8th, but I'm opting out (mainly because I cannot afford to miss results day)

I did NCS when there was results day and they let you leave to go there and you have time to stay. So it's not like you actually miss out on anything.
Reply 3
Going 11th July

But don't they allow you to have a day off for results day? It says so on their website
Original post by T-Osiris
I did NCS when there was results day and they let you leave to go there and you have time to stay. So it's not like you actually miss out on anything.

I wouldn't be able to restrain from mobile phones for two weeks!

Original post by Kiniun
Going 11th July

But don't they allow you to have a day off for results day? It says so on their website

Do they? Oh, I don't think the students there will be nice either :/
Reply 5

You're not band from phones lol
They're basically just saying bring them at your own risk, my whole wave had their phones.
And whether you get nice people in your wave is potluck, I had a really good wave and I'm still in contact with some of them now. But some of my mates had a really crap time cause their waves were full of people they didn't like.
Reply 6

From what I've heard, everyone's pretty much in the same position (not knowing who anyone is) so people are very friendly and are willing to bond

Just try it out? You never know what could happen, I know loads of people who wish they did it when they had the chance, you don't want to regret it, and if you complete the first week and find that you really hate everyone in your group, make up an excuse and say you broke your leg/in hospital or something to get out of doing the other activities on week 2/3 lol
You're not band from phones lol
They're basically just saying bring them at your own risk, my whole wave had their phones.
And whether you get nice people in your wave is potluck, I had a really good wave and I'm still in contact with some of them now. But some of my mates had a really crap time cause their waves were full of people they didn't like.

I don't want to risk spending four weeks with people I may not like
Reply 8
I don't want to risk spending four weeks with people I may not like

Then drop out somewhere in it, but you don't know who you're with till you try so it makes sense to give it a go. It was one of the best experiences of my life, I always recommend it.
Then drop out somewhere in it, but you don't know who you're with till you try so it makes sense to give it a go. It was one of the best experiences of my life, I always recommend it.

Would it look bad if I do the first 2 weeks and then drop out?
Would it look bad if I do the first 2 weeks and then drop out?

Nope, I had a person drop out after week 1 in my wave haha.
Week 2 means you gave it a proper go at least, cause week 1 starts off uncomfortable but by the end you all become really close or you should do anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending