The Student Room Group

Biomedical engineering msc prospects

I am thinking of doing an Msc for biomedical engineering but given the financial commitment, I want to find out what the job prospects are like for graduates of this Msc course. I also have a job at the moment but I'm not happy in the job anyway.
Original post by Ybsy75
I am thinking of doing an Msc for biomedical engineering but given the financial commitment, I want to find out what the job prospects are like for graduates of this Msc course. I also have a job at the moment but I'm not happy in the job anyway.

Look up the DLHE (Destination of leavers of Higher Education) data for the specific degree course and similar degree courses and see where previous graduates have gone.
Original post by threeportdrift
Look up the DLHE (Destination of leavers of Higher Education) data for the specific degree course and similar degree courses and see where previous graduates have gone.

Is such data obtained for MSc degrees? I've only been able to find it for undergraduate degrees, and even then it's only very few universities that actually list organisations or job titles.
Original post by Smack
Is such data obtained for MSc degrees? I've only been able to find it for undergraduate degrees, and even then it's only very few universities that actually list organisations or job titles.

I thought so, I was asked for it for an MBA and PhD completed in 2010. I suppose it could have been two different universities both deciding to extend their questions beyond that submitted to DLHE, for their own purposes. It's a key feature of applicant decision making though, I'd be surprised if a university couldn't answer approximately where it's graduates were going on a course by course basis.
Reply 4
I think to work in the nhs, you almost always need some experience in the nhs supply chain first?
The uni should be able to provide you with this anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending