The Student Room Group

Im Voting Leave because......

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naveed-7
There are some really corrupt and nasty greedy bankers out there that spread lies.

George Soros is one of them. He wants to make profit, and only cares about his own profit and control.
I honestly do believe that we should Leave.
The EU is just too controlling. It is even considering to add more countries like Turkey, etc etc.
But why? Why the heck would you want to add Turkey, which is a middle eastern country, to the EU?
This isnt about relationship for the EU bankers/leaders, it is about control,- adding more countries to the EU so that they can control most of the World's population.

What about Boris Johnson and Michael Gove who want more power in the tory party
Reply 21
Original post by ATW1
I challenge you to go and watch 'Brexit: The Movie'. Then come back here and tell me you still want to Remain in the EU. Everything you need to know is included in that excellent documentary.

John Oliver actually shows a segment of "Brexit: The Movie" in that link.

He highlights how idly misleading and inaccurate the brief segment he shows is: the part talking about pillow regulation. Pretty low stuff from whoever made it.
Reply 22
Original post by ajs12
Let the power of John Oliver sway you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8

John Oliver didn't present both sides of the argument. Biased as always
Reply 23
The current migration system is racist. Europeans have priority over everywhere else because of where they live?.
Original post by ATW1
I challenge you to go and watch 'Brexit: The Movie'. Then come back here and tell me you still want to Remain in the EU. Everything you need to know is included in that excellent documentary.

Im voting leave but even i could see that movie was a shambolic embarrassment.
There are some really corrupt and nasty greedy bankers out there that spread lies.

George Soros is one of them. He wants to make profit, and only cares about his own profit and control.
I honestly do believe that we should Leave.
The EU is just too controlling. It is even considering to add more countries like Turkey, etc etc.
But why? Why the heck would you want to add Turkey, which is a middle eastern country, to the EU?
This isnt about relationship for the EU bankers/leaders, it is about control,- adding more countries to the EU so that they can control most of the World's population.

Turkey isn't joining the EU any time soon, that would be an issue for your grandchildren to possibly worry about
Reply 26
Original post by TheKian
John Oliver didn't present both sides of the argument. Biased as always

He did, but he just debunked them after with the correct statistics...
Reply 27
Original post by offhegoes
John Oliver actually shows a segment of "Brexit: The Movie" in that link.

He highlights how idly misleading and inaccurate the brief segment he shows is: the part talking about pillow regulation. Pretty low stuff from whoever made it.
Yes,he chooses a snippet of the 1hr 10m movie that suits his ideology. In fact, he probably didn't even watch it, somebody from behind the scenes likely did and wrote the script for him.
Reply 28
Original post by ATW1
Yes,he chooses a snippet of the 1hr 10m movie that suits his ideology. In fact, he probably didn't even watch it, somebody from behind the scenes likely did and wrote the script for him.

I haven't seen it. Maybe he hasn't. But why are the maker of the movie trying to mislead people at all? Is their case for Brexit not very strong? They must feel not...
Reply 29
Original post by offhegoes
I haven't seen it. Maybe he hasn't. But why are the maker of the movie trying to mislead people at all? Is their case for Brexit not very strong? They must feel not...
They aren't trying to mislead the people. Like I said, the 5 second snippet that John Oliver used does not at all reflect the full movie. I suggest you watch it with an open mind and take on board what is being said. It's an excellent documentary.
Ok one, wtf is sovereignty when the tories are just as corrupt as those in charge of the EU, I mean Boris Johnson could end up running for prime minister. This is such a patriotic term coined by people like Nigel Farage; 'sovereignty' would do nothing for Britain.

Two, Boris' proclaimed £350 million is not only misleading but a lie. The EU MAKES us money over 60 million a day in fact, no one trades with Britain over the massive European Union

Two,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jee1
I'm voting leave and I'm not even white so there you go

Implying you have to be white to be racist.
Reply 32
Original post by adamll
He did, but he just debunked them after with the correct statistics...

He didn't talk about democracy or the negative impacts on immigration and he forgot the fact that we have little the money we "get back" from the EU.
Reply 33
Original post by TheKian
He didn't talk about democracy or the negative impacts on immigration and he forgot the fact that we have little the money we "get back" from the EU.

How will remaining in the EU impact democracy? I imagine he didn't talk about the negative impacts of immigration because from an economic standpoint it's mainly beneficial; it'll only really have negative impacts if you're xenophobic.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Oh hi, I quoted you before and you must have forgotten to reply! Whilst last time I assumed that you knew at least something about what you're talking about and wrote quite a detailed response, I now realise that's a waste of time, so see below:

We do vote for our politicians - our MPs are voted for every five years and perhaps sooner if a by-election must take place for whatever reason. The way that this occurs is (first-by-the-post), similarly to the EU, not quite as democratic as people like to pretend.

That £350 million prompts a net gain.

I don't understand what you mean by 'take back control of our free trade laws'.

We are not part of Schengen and even if Brexit does occur, we will most likely join the EEZ; in which case, we'll still have free movement.

The EU has held back the economy of the UK and Crippled the economies of Europe with the single currency leading to the Greek Debt Crisis. China has had an economic miracle outside of the EU and India outside of the EU has a Space Program and even a Mars Mission! Just imagine what we could achieve if we were outside of the EU and an independent sovereign nation like China and India. We could work with the EU and the other independent nations of Europe democratically protecting our own unique way of life working together under the protection of NATO.
The EU has held back the economy of the UK and Crippled the economies of Europe with the single currency leading to the Greek Debt Crisis. China has had an economic miracle outside of the EU and India outside of the EU has a Space Program and even a Mars Mission! Just imagine what we could achieve if we were outside of the EU and an independent sovereign nation like China and India. We could work with the EU and the other independent nations of Europe democratically protecting our own unique way of life working together under the protection of NATO.

Because our economy is comparable to that of china and india......fool.
Original post by MrSplash
Because our economy is comparable to that of china and india......fool.

Your response makes no sense, so I'll repeat it for you:

Reply 37
Original post by adamll
How will remaining in the EU impact democracy? I imagine he didn't talk about the negative impacts of immigration because from an economic standpoint it's mainly beneficial; it'll only really have negative impacts if you're xenophobic.

Unskilled immigration is good for rich people and bad for poor people. We have enough unskilled poor people in this country, we don't need anymore competition. The immigrants that come to fill jobs are great for people who need jobs filled and not so great for people who are competing for these jobs. And if you can't get a job you end up on welfare.

You can't ignore the simple fact that immigration has pros and cons. The leave campaign wants an Australian style immigration system that says we will accept people that are currently useful to our country instead of saying EVERYONE can come in no matter what skills you have.

This guy runs through the numbers and the impact of immigration with them, although you've already called any opposition to the current immigration system "xenophobic" which means you're probably going to ignore any sort of argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CyoOPNT_lQ
Original post by TheKian
Unskilled immigration is good for rich people and bad for poor people. We have enough unskilled poor people in this country, we don't need anymore competition. The immigrants that come to fill jobs are great for people who need jobs filled and not so great for people who are competing for these jobs. And if you can't get a job you end up on welfare.

You can't ignore the simple fact that immigration has pros and cons. The leave campaign wants an Australian style immigration system that says we will accept people that are currently useful to our country instead of saying EVERYONE can come in no matter what skills you have.

This guy runs through the numbers and the impact of immigration with them, although you've already called any opposition to the current immigration system "xenophobic" which means you're probably going to ignore any sort of argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CyoOPNT_lQ

Agreed.
Just because someone votes leave does not mean their racist.... Or if they vote remain does not mean they believe that the EU is practically "nazi Germany".

I fee like people are being labelled for who they vote for, when it should just be their opinion and views.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending