The Student Room Group

Edexcel Economics and Business UNIT 4 6EB04

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ringo2810
If you want any help, I have some model answers and mark schemes to most of these question.

Yes please. could you send the model answers, if you dont mind.
I have no clue what to write.
Original post by Mark179
isnt 30 marks 4 points each?

Yeah 20 marks = 3 points for/against and conclusion & 30 marks + 4 points for/against + conclusion. Dunno who told the other guy that but pretty sure its not right
Reply 62
Pretty Please could I have these too?
Okay and would you do 2 pros and 2 cons or would you do it based on your stance so like 3 pros and 1 con if you agreed with the question? Thanks in advance
Reply 64
Goodluck every one, got any predictions?
Reply 65
Original post by Teecesay
Okay and would you do 2 pros and 2 cons or would you do it based on your stance so like 3 pros and 1 con if you agreed with the question? Thanks in advance

It should always be balanced. For 30 marks 4 positive and 4 negative plus conclusion.
Reply 66
Original post by Hefty11
Goodluck every one, got any predictions?

Market failure
Government failure
Merit/demerit
Original post by Hefty11
Revision material anyone? Need some help on

A) Structure of answer in each question
B) Government Failure in relation to the market failure of the tobacco industry and how it relates to Vaping/E-cigarettes
C) How will i attain full marks? (Would be nice if some one gave me a link to something that explain each aspect of the answer I have to provide.

•Define whatever terminology is in the question.
•1 paragraph for the question - analysing impacts it may have, backing up with evidence from the pre-release
•1 paragraph for the counter argument, again analysing impacts and backing up with evidence, but then also a little extra on the end of the paragraph as to why the counter argument is not your view.
•The conclusion you need to prioritise points- i.e. what argument is strongest, who will be affected (stakeholders), the opportunity cost involved and the effects of the decision.
Reply 68
Original post by Mark179
Market failure
Government failure
Merit/demerit

Original post by Thushjah
•1 paragraph for the question - analysing impacts it may have, backing up with evidence from the pre-release
•1 paragraph for the counter argument, again analysing impacts and backing up with evidence, but then also a little extra on the end of the paragraph as to why the counter argument is not your view.
•The conclusion you need to prioritise points- i.e. what argument is strongest, who will be affected (stakeholders), the opportunity cost involved and the effects of the decision.

Thank you guys for this, appreciate it.
Reply 69
Original post by Mark179
Market failure
Government failure
Merit/demerit

So, for market failure is it just

1. Cigarettes, it's addictive nature in which brands it an inelastic good. The price rarely affects the level of consumption to some extent. Therefore, this proves it is a market failure, factors like information asymmetry (If you have any more factors which suggest the tobacco industry is a market failure, could you tell me?)

Government failure

2. Reasons for why there is Government failure
Due to them introducing regressive taxes that are aimed to tax any class (poor and the rich), there is no equity. No progressive taxes are introduced to correct market failure at all. (Can add more to this in your reply)

3. Merit-demerit goods
Merit goods being things subsidised by the Government - in relation to the e-cigarette pre-releasement, e-cigarettes being used to reduce consumption of cigarettes which are demerit goods.
Demerit goods causing negative externalities of consumption.
Reply 70

Also, is it only 1 paragraph? Doesn't feel like i'd be writing a lot. I thought atleast 1 para for intro, 3-4 paragraphs for content then 1 para conclusion
Original post by Hefty11
Also, is it only 1 paragraph? Doesn't feel like i'd be writing a lot. I thought atleast 1 para for intro, 3-4 paragraphs for content then 1 para conclusion

I mean you could have sub paragraphs.
The main paragraph can be split into subs.
Reply 72
I mean you could have sub paragraphs.
The main paragraph can be split into subs.

Cheers
Reply 73
Original post by retardis
Yeah 20 marks = 3 points for/against and conclusion & 30 marks + 4 points for/against + conclusion. Dunno who told the other guy that but pretty sure its not right

No way you can do four points each with for and against in the time you are given
Original post by Dann_a
No way you can do four points each with for and against in the time you are given

Exactly lol
Original post by Dann_a

You can, I've tried it and its tight but it's fine. Plus my teacher is an examiner and my old teacher was a chief examiner (he probably wrote this paper) and they both told us this so it must be right. What's your source?
Reply 76
You can, I've tried it and its tight but it's fine. Plus my teacher is an examiner and my old teacher was a chief examiner (he probably wrote this paper) and they both told us this so it must be right. What's your source?

30 marker is all about evaluation (half of the marks) so it's better to evaluate more thoroughly with three points is what my teacher says
Original post by Dann_a
30 marker is all about evaluation (half of the marks) so it's better to evaluate more thoroughly with three points is what my teacher says

Well I dunno guess we've both been taught differently but if time allows I'll be pushing for 4 points.
Reply 78
Well I dunno guess we've both been taught differently but if time allows I'll be pushing for 4 points.

Yeah I'd agree with that
If I have time to spare I will do another however this is unlikely for me personally 😂
Original post by Dann_a
Yeah I'd agree with that
If I have time to spare I will do another however this is unlikely for me personally 😂

Ah well, we shall see. Good luck anyway, not long to go now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending