The Student Room Group

How are you spending your summer?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSRFT8
It looks really nice aswell!! Whats the kind of traditional food over there? Its so cool eating foods in different countries it makes a good change.

And LSE (hopefully if i get the results) yourself? And yeah i tried a summer placement at law firms but they usually only take students who are already at university (sucks) but i dont think i will be able to find a job anywhere close to where i live. Im trying to ask a few local small firms if i can volunteer.

Yeah Hong Kongs actually quite an exiciting place! The food is described quite well in this article I found: The fusion of east and west also characterises Hong Kong's cuisine, where dim sum, hot pot, and fast food restaurants coexist with haute cuisine :tongue:

If I had to pick one cuiseine to eat for the rest of my life itd have to be Japanese tho! :coma:

And wow LSE is a really good uni so that should be good! Im applying to mainly bath, birmingham and reading for an accounting course with the big 4, I get paid to study under a cool new course! I can even get charted status within 5 years :biggrin:
Original post by ForestShadow
Yeah Hong Kongs actually quite an exiciting place! The food is described quite well in this article I found: The fusion of east and west also characterises Hong Kong's cuisine, where dim sum, hot pot, and fast food restaurants coexist with haute cuisine :tongue:

If I had to pick one cuiseine to eat for the rest of my life itd have to be Japanese tho! :coma:

And wow LSE is a really good uni so that should be good! Im applying to mainly bath, birmingham and reading for an accounting course with the big 4, I get paid to study under a cool new course! I can even get charted status within 5 years :biggrin:

Ive never had Japanese ive had Chinese which is delicious, is there much difference? (pardon my ignorance)

And hopefully however heard alot of negative things about LSE so abit on edge. And oh really thats cool man better than paying 9k a year hahah, whats the name of the course if you dont mind me asking i have never heard of it in accounting unless its the AAT?
Original post by TSRFT8
Ive never had Japanese ive had Chinese which is delicious, is there much difference? (pardon my ignorance)

And hopefully however heard alot of negative things about LSE so abit on edge. And oh really thats cool man better than paying 9k a year hahah, whats the name of the course if you dont mind me asking i have never heard of it in accounting unless its the AAT?

Im Chinese myself BUT JAPANESE IS THE BEST its literally the king OF ALL FOODS, I think Im going to put that in my 'about me', already have over 35 gifs there :lol:

but yeah check it out, the flavours are AMAZINGLY FRESH, theres clarity texture, freshness and amazing cooking techniques to bring out the best of every ingredient! Its also heavily seafood influenced

Im probably going to do a flying start programme from PwC or KPMG these are the global undisputed BIG 4 in accoutning

Spending it how I usually spend my summers - relaxing, have a few days out and moan about it being too warm :colondollar:

I've got my driving test in August as well. Hoping to pass first time but not getting my hopes up :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by John Fluffy Bunny
Hey me too! What are you gonna be doing while you're there? Also what city are you going to?

I'm going to the south of Krakow, you?
Looking for employment ini. Still in two minds whether I'll go back to uni for fall as well...
But for now I'm going to be tutored in Microsoft XL shouldn't be stressful, and then apply for some jobs. I can't apply, I feel, before I brush up on XL though. I want to clean myself up and start doing administrative work in my field of study this summer. :u:
So if I don't go uni again I'll be sorted with employment ideally.

In between that, sleeping my arse off.
Im Chinese myself BUT JAPANESE IS THE BEST its literally the king OF ALL FOODS, I think Im going to put that in my 'about me', already have over 35 gifs there :lol:

but yeah check it out, the flavours are AMAZINGLY FRESH, theres clarity texture, freshness and amazing cooking techniques to bring out the best of every ingredient! Its also heavily seafood influenced

Im probably going to do a flying start programme from PwC or KPMG these are the global undisputed BIG 4 in accoutning

You are such an amazing ****ing person, I can feel it.
Probably going to the US for 3 weeks or so and then it's just prep for postgraduate study :bigsmile:
Reply 48
Chillax with friends, finally start a Youtube channel, hit the gym (I said this last summer), watch all of the movies/ shows I've missed out on, explore my area a bit more and generally just relax.
Original post by 0to100
You are such an amazing ****ing person, I can feel it.

Should I take that as a compliment? the ****ing person is putting me off :lol:

If it was a compliement then thank you! :h:

Spoiler

Should I take that as a compliment? the ****ing person is putting me off :lol:

If it was a compliement then thank you! :h:

Spoiler

Nope, compliment. You seem like a top lad. You remind me of iHatePE. Not the Chinese bit lol just like... the best gifs/sense of humour. It's rare around here.
Original post by 0to100
Nope, compliment. You seem like a top lad. You remind me of iHatePE. Not the Chinese bit lol just like... the best gifs/sense of humour. It's rare around here.

Ah cheers man :007: props for the compliment then :hat2: I am Chinese tho :lol: check out my about me (theres 35gifs) #asianinvasion mate, its too late to stop us

Also theres 2 BIG differences between my and IhatePE,

1) I LOVE PE, callisthenics is on of my favourite work outs and Im learning acrobatics currently with my parkour too
2) He dances KPOP I dance BREAKDANCE
Original post by TSRFT8
Since exams have finished or atleast on the verge of finishing that means Summer for students has almost begun for some it has already begun.

So how is everyone spending their long summer??

Are you going on Holiday, do you have anything planned?

Interested to know what others are doing and may gives people ideas to do different things etc etc

Study and Stress basically.

Spoiler

Learning to drive, doing some stuff for an EPQ, then quite probably spending too much time home alone and driving myself insane very gradually.

All good stuff.
Ah cheers man :007: props for the compliment then :hat2: I am Chinese tho :lol: check out my about me (theres 35gifs) #asianinvasion mate, its too late to stop us

Also theres 2 BIG differences between my and IhatePE,

1) I LOVE PE, callisthenics is on of my favourite work outs and Im learning acrobatics currently with my parkour too
2) He dances KPOP I dance BREAKDANCE

Oh is it?
And see Chinese people are mad with the athleticism. That's one stereotype I really wanna stick to lol
I wanna see a dance off!!!
You can join TSR Bullingdon club here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4179639
:cool:
I honestly don't even know what kpop dancing would look like. Breakdancing isn't just the head spinning stuff though it's got on your feet pop locking and stuff lol
Reply 57
It's the first time I am travelling by myself lol and I am so excited, but also slightly terrified -- but I'm going to Myanmar (Burma) for about 4 weeks to do some volunteering with a few organisations and also, hopefully, will be able to do some volunteering locally as well ! Once I arrive back though, I'm off to NCS already ..

Also, has anyone actually done NCS before? I've heard quite a wide range of things about it and honestly not sure what to expect.
- Work experience
- Mountain climbing in Wales (hopefully I will and I'm hoping I don't get attacked by sheep)
- Reading books
- Finally getting Netflix and watching OITNB and Game of Thrones
- FINDING DORYYYYYY
- Amsterdam for a day (hopefully)
- Part time job
- Catch up on yoga
- Check out the lesbian scene in Soho :h:
Original post by ZERØ
*fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap*

nah jk XD

I'm going away to Poland this summer

Trying to buck the trend eh?