The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 June 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

I INTEGRATED INSTEAD OF DIFFERENTIATED OMFG.
4/(x-2) does not differentiate to 4In(x-2) lmao goodbye
Original post by Mhyykol
was expecting a much harder paper ngl. i flopped last year and ended up with a C in AS. this paper was decent tho, i think about 73 out of 75 with this unofficial markscheme but im not sure 7b. in the mark scheme is how i wrote it in the exam but some say that it is not simiple enough and combining it all into one fraction was the correct way

as long as you prove 2cot2x + tanx = cotx

then youl be awarded full marks

Thats assuming you used identites you learn in C3/C4 and not other orthodox identities.
Reply 522
Original post by unimaginable118
Does anyone remember how many marks the last question was? I was SO STUPID. I left it out :frown:(( looks like someones not going to uni...

same man :frown:
Original post by leestitt
as long as you prove 2cot2x + tanx = cotx

then youl be awarded full marks

Thats assuming you used identites you learn in C3/C4 and not other orthodox identities.

i meant part B to the question that asked us to draw a arcsin graph :smile:
Original post by Mhyykol
i meant part B to the question that asked us to draw a arcsin graph :smile:

oh sorry :smile:, no your way is fine for that
Original post by veldt127
I've done model answers for all of it, but I've skipped working in places and I'm still not 100% sure of my answers; it'd be nice to see someone else's answers which will be more accurate and fitting to the mark scheme

where?
oh sorry :smile:, no your way is fine for that

sweet thanks for that boost in confidence, this c3 paper gives me a lot of room for c4
Reply 527
if you got the answers for long division wrong for part (a) will you get zero marks for part two even if your method for finding normal was correct
Original post by Mhyykol
sweet thanks for that boost in confidence, this c3 paper gives me a lot of room for c4

haha its given me the complete opposite
haha its given me the complete opposite

do you do solomon papers, for me they helped soo much. they are hard and they can be dishearting but they get you thinking in a problem solving way. when i looked at the cot question i knew straight away it had to be double angle. and did anyone else notice that the last question was in the june 2007 paper :wink:
Reply 531
Made a history 100-90-80 UMS boundaries for C4, D2 and S2 - would have done more but data entry like this is really tiresome
Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 20.10.12.png

Good luck to those with exams still to come :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kish98
if you got the answers for long division wrong for part (a) will you get zero marks for part two even if your method for finding normal was correct
Definitely not. The question was out of five, so there'll be at least three method marks and if you're lucky accuracy marks might be follow through. Assuming your method for part (b) was perfect, you're looking at 3-5/5.
Reply 533
Original post by ShatnersBassoon
Definitely not. The question was out of five, so there'll be at least three method marks and if you're lucky accuracy marks might be follow through. Assuming your method for part (b) was perfect, you're looking at 3-5/5.

Cheers for the reply, it has helped my depression a lot aha . completely forgot how to do the long division. oh well
What are the likely grade boundaries? I messed up bad and think I got around 45/75
Original post by Mhyykol
do you do solomon papers, for me they helped soo much. they are hard and they can be dishearting but they get you thinking in a problem solving way. when i looked at the cot question i knew straight away it had to be double angle. and did anyone else notice that the last question was in the june 2007 paper :wink:

Yeah i do solomon papers, and yes when i saw the drug question i knew it had come up before, because my xmas mock set by my teacher was the June 2007 question
Reply 536
Original post by Student7th
How accurately did people predict june 2013's grade boundaries?

if you're expecting it to go that low, don't
Original post by Student7th
How accurately did people predict june 2013's grade boundaries?

Quite accurately, but these boundaries won't be anywhere near those. The worst they'll get I think are:

A* = 67/75
A = 60/75
B = 52/75

Its more likely that they will be lower by 1 or 2 marks than what I have predicted, but I highly doubt it will exceed that.
What grade will 60/61 be?
Reply 539
Original post by heyitskim
What grade will 60/61 be?

if you're lucky an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending