The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27
x

Original post by eden3
x

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
x

Original post by alexschmalex
x

Give me the team you guys support and I'll add you into the OP :yy:
Reply 41
Original post by MrDystopia

Lakers :biggrin: :cry::frown:
Original post by eden3
LOL SAS in this vid (I take it you've already seen it @Aristotle's' Disciple :lol: )

[video="youtube;ePyUCxUaZHs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePyUCxUaZHs[/video]

Lmao yeah I did 'GET TO THE POINT SKIP!' -_-
That block by James was probably one of if not the best defensive play ever in NBA history.
Reply 44

OKC. Have a great chance of winning it next year, Donovan deserves more plaudits for the work he's done this season. If it wasn't for Kerr he'd probably be the choice for coach of the year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bammy jastard 27
OKC. Have a great chance of winning it next year, Donovan deserves more plaudits for the work he's done this season. If it wasn't for Kerr he'd probably be the choice for coach of the year.

Thoughts on Durant going to GSW? :tongue:
Original post by Malevolent

He's a scrub if he does. I'll automatically hate him. He has no good reason to join a 73-9 team. Nobody can say it's the same as LeBron joining Heat because he put them on the map again and DWade's his best friend.

Hell KD would be LEAVING one of his best friends...
Reply 48

Don't think he will. Hope he doesn't anyway.
Reply 49
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

LOOOL this is savage who did this?! Wish I could rep :rofl:
He's a scrub if he does. I'll automatically hate him. He has no good reason to join a 73-9 team. Nobody can say it's the same as LeBron joining Heat because he put them on the map again and DWade's his best friend.

Of course it's the same as Lebron doing so. Many players 'ring chase' as it's known. And one can argue he stands a better chance of winning a ring with the Warriors than he does at OKC, which is an obvious benefit as to why he may move there.

Simply having 'best friends' or 'putting a team on the map' doesn't make you any less of a ring chaser, as per Lebron when he assembled his super team and proclaimed he would win however many he said he would.
Reply 51

Hell KD would be LEAVING one of his best friends...

He'll actually the biggest b*tch on the planet. That will not be my opinion that will be a FACT.

He has all the talent in the world with OKC. WHY the **** would you join the team that knocked you out? :lol: That's weak.

Yes I agree with Aristotle. This is hardly comparable to LeBron joining the Heat. The Heat at the time were not title contenders, and the team he left was a completely ****ing **** team at the time (sorry Cleveland fans) so I don't blame him for leaving. OKC could've been in the Finals this year and just choked it away. But now someone has taken their title as the ultimate chokers... :colone: :rofl:
Original post by eden3
He'll actually the biggest b*tch on the planet. That will not be my opinion that will be a FACT.

He has all the talent in the world with OKC. WHY the **** would you join the team that knocked you out? :lol: That's weak.

Yes I agree with Aristotle. This is hardly comparable to LeBron joining the Heat. The Heat at the time were not title contenders, and the team he left was a completely ****ing **** team at the time (sorry Cleveland fans) so I don't blame him for leaving. OKC could've been in the Finals this year and just choked it away. But now someone has taken their title as the ultimate chokers... :colone: :rofl:

Another good point, his team could have had rings today and it's partly due to his own lack of mental fortitude in game 6 in the WCF, he's essentially running away from problems of his own making. He HAS the roster!
Another Rose sneak preview, I think this is one I'll launch with after a few small changes. I need to get a steady flow prepped though because I don't want activity to slow down lol.

Let me know what you guys think!

Of course it's the same as Lebron doing so. Many players 'ring chase' as it's known. And one can argue he stands a better chance of winning a ring with the Warriors than he does at OKC, which is an obvious benefit as to why he may move there.

Simply having 'best friends' or 'putting a team on the map' doesn't make you any less of a ring chaser, as per Lebron when he assembled his super team and proclaimed he would win however many he said he would.

No it isn't the same as James, James went to a team not even in the playoffs at the time. Durant would be hoping from a team that won a championship 2 years ago and just narrowly lost out on one recently. Its no where near the same. If Durant does it he's a beta *****.
Original post by TheLittlestElf
No it isn't the same as James, James went to a team not even in the playoffs at the time. Durant would be hoping from a team that won a championship 2 years ago and just narrowly lost out on one recently. Its no where near the same. If Durant does it he's a beta *****.

Ring chasing is all the same.

Lebron moves to a team with Wade + Bosh to win championships (As he said so himself).
KD would move to a team that gives him a better chance of winning a championship.

Looking at it from a purely objective view (Which I think many people here seem incapable of doing given the amount of emotion in the posts on the subject) it is exactly the same.
Ring chasing is all the same.

Lebron moves to a team with Wade + Bosh to win championships (As he said so himself).
KD would move to a team that gives him a better chance of winning a championship.

Looking at it from a purely objective view (Which I think many people here seem incapable of doing given the amount of emotion in the posts on the subject) it is exactly the same.

Again not that easy. Bosh, Wade and James never played together it was completely new. They were effectively starting afresh. All Durant if he goes would be adding a piece to an already stacked deck. Its no where near the same and many people will agree with that. If he does he's gonna get **** for it and rightly so.
Reply 57
The context for each situation is hardly comparable. KD would never live it down.
Original post by TheLittlestElf
Again not that easy. Bosh, Wade and James never played together it was completely new. They were effectively starting afresh. All Durant if he goes would be adding a piece to an already stacked deck. Its no where near the same and many people will agree with that. If he does he's gonna get **** for it and rightly so.

It'll hurt his legacy too, no point getting those rings if everyone's going to remember you as the guy who hopped onto a stacked roster to ride the back to back MVPs coattails. He'd be silly to actually go for it so I don't think it'll happen anyway.
Reply 59
Yeah I'm fairly confident Durant isn't that stupid, rofl.

Quick Reply

Latest