The Student Room Group

Do you hug your male friends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100

How is the bro hug "Bs?"

I'm a fan.

Yeah that's fine tbf, just a lot of guys do a sort of awkward quick hug where minimal contact seems to want to be used, or some weird half pat on the back hug-esque gesture.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Wow, I always get the quick awkward hug

To be fair, I imagine hugging you would be pretty awkward. I'd avoid it personally.
Yes especially them, they need more nurturing I feel and a shoulder to cry on since they feel as if they can't with their male friends.
Original post by joey11223
Yeah that's fine tbf, just a lot of guys do a sort of awkward quick hug where minimal contact seems to want to be used, or some weird half pat on the back hug-esque gesture.

Then they're not your real mates honestly. After a nice chat where you're morally supporting your mate drunkenly crying that his girl left him or that he got sacked, why not embrace for a couple seconds...?
Wow, I always get the quick awkward hug

No offense but they must not love you like a brother. Or you have some insecurely macho friends >_>
Original post by Elivercury
To be fair, I imagine hugging you would be pretty awkward. I'd avoid it personally.

I noticed its always girls that do it, I am not a creep or anything
Never.
Not even my brother...
This is my type of hug

Original post by 0to100
No offense but they must not love you like a brother. Or you have some insecurely macho friends >_>

I have a mixed batch of friends
I noticed its always girls that do it, I am not a creep or anything

Having read your views on women (and many other things) on here, this also doesn't surprise me. Assuming you're half as vocal in person as you are on here anyway.

Personally I think if you can't stand a few seconds embracing your best friends, you're either not that close or really need to drop your macho issues.
I try to hug no one. Don't like all that fake air kissing with girls & hugging with guys BS. Just say hey or shake hands

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I argue all my friends who I know have had a shower that day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trill
I argue all my friends who I know have had a shower that day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pardon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elivercury
Having read your views on women (and many other things) on here, this also doesn't surprise me. Assuming you're half as vocal in person as you are on here anyway.

Personally I think if you can't stand a few seconds embracing your best friends, you're either not that close or really need to drop your macho issues.

I have less of a filter irl, but I do not try to offend people for my own safety.
Yeap I had guys try and fight me for commenting on their gf.
Tbh I do not want to feel another guys body warmth.
Macho issues
I'm a girl and go to an all girls school so gave no make friends... Except my brother. Who won't let me hug him :frown:
Original post by Francis Urquhart
This is my type of hug

Lol n which one are you in this equation?
I used to hug my guy friends a lot but I stopped.
Original post by Platopus
I'm a girl and go to an all girls school so gave no make friends... Except my brother. Who won't let me hug him :frown:

I do not blame him as hugging siblings is wierd
Original post by 0to100
Lol n which one are you in this equation?

100% guy being hugged hahaha! :biggrin:
Original post by saraxh
I used to hug my guy friends a lot but I stopped.

Why?

Quick Reply

Latest