The Student Room Group

I have just finished my GCSEs. What on earth do I do now?!

I had my last exam today and now it's the summer holidays for me.
I can't just sit around all day drinking and feeling like i'm the coolest person ever or feeling sorry for myself whilst I listen to Radiohead or Metallica or watch films and TV.
I have applied for jobs and I have an induction next week. And I'm also having a massive party on Saturday and we are all celebrating and all my friends are bringing their boyfriends :/
Apart from that, what the hell am I meant to do with my Summer?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
NETFLIX
Me too! Just had my last exam today! I can finally catch up on all the TV shows I've missed, go out with friends and stuff. Maybe take up a new hobby or find some interesting summer programmes. My council library used to run a summer programme but I think they've stopped.
Enjoy your time off, and make the most of it. Maybe you can take up a new hobby. But, what ever you do, don't be unproductive, because you won't have as much free time when you're older.
Reply 4
I'm catching up on reading. Gah I have missed hours of reading books instead of revising.
Original post by Kwame502
NETFLIX

I don't have Netflix :colonhash:
Original post by twhiddy
I'm catching up on reading. Gah I have missed hours of reading books instead of revising.

That's too nerdy for me
Original post by twhiddy

But aren't you technically reading by reading your revision guide? xD
Catching up on reading is a good idsa but remember ylur mind needs a break from all that studying
Reply 9
Original post by cookie123456789
That's too nerdy for me

If reading fanfiction counts as being nerdy I can live with that:lolz:
I had my last exam today and now it's the summer holidays for me.
I can't just sit around all day drinking and feeling like i'm the coolest person ever or feeling sorry for myself whilst I listen to Radiohead or Metallica or watch films and TV.
I have applied for jobs and I have an induction next week. And I'm also having a massive party on Saturday and we are all celebrating and all my friends are bringing their boyfriends :/
Apart from that, what the hell am I meant to do with my Summer?!

Original post by Kwame502
NETFLIX

I second the above advice in conjunction with chilling.
Original post by Evilstr99
But aren't you technically reading by reading your revision guide? xD

Hmm..but revision guides were compulsory reading. I can finally pick out something that I want to read and not something I have to read in order to pass an exam :biggrin:
Original post by platopus
i second the above advice in conjunction with chilling.

but i don't have netflix!
but i don't have netflix!

Neither do I, so I feel your pain! Well maybe revise that to "Putlocker and chill"
Original post by Platopus
Neither do I, so I feel your pain! Well maybe revise that to "Putlocker and chill"

My Putlocker is blocked. :mad::unimpressed:
My Putlocker is blocked. :mad::unimpressed:

Oh you poor child, then there is no hope. I'm sorry, you're done for.
Original post by twhiddy
Hmm..but revision guides were compulsory reading. I can finally pick out something that I want to read and not something I have to read in order to pass an exam :biggrin:

Gotcha!
Original post by Platopus
Oh you poor child, then there is no hope. I'm sorry, you're done for.

I am going to go and sulk in the corner now
I am going to go and sulk in the corner now

Enjoy the dark ages :colone:
Sorry but you limited this to planet Earth so I cannot help you

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest