The Student Room Group

**tsr new eu poll** **2 days left**

Poll

The EU...

Which way are you going and why?

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am a horrible person and TSR bullingdon club forever!
Reply 2
IN

We've been in for years, I know no different so think we're better together. Reducing immigration is not going to be achieved by leaving. 188.000 non EU came in, they'll still be coming in after we leave. We need to gain more powers off the EU as PM did. But yes, IN will win.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN! :teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remain - Imo I don't think that there are enough benefits to leaving to take the risk
But make sure you vote whatever it is, every vote will make a difference! :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by SMEGGGY
IN

We've been in for years, I know no different so think we're better together. Reducing immigration is not going to be achieved by leaving. 188.000 non EU came in, they'll still be coming in after we leave. We need to gain more powers off the EU as PM did. But yes, IN will win.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we had the opportunity to join now would you though?

If no, You have too leave.
Original post by SMEGGGY
IN

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we had the opportunity to join now would you though?If no, You have too leave.
Reply 6
Original post by govandpolitics

If no, You have too leave.

In all honesty? Yes. We have more influence than we will once we're out. The days of the British Empire are gone so the world does not do as we say anymore.

500 million plus people, united, different languages & cultures. But I'll not want a USofE though. Keep it as it is with more control.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not telling :tongue:
EU membership certainly benefits the middle class, so I would expect this TSR poll to be very one sided. The working class? Not so much. They're the ones who lose out from our membership, but let's not say that too loudly, right?
Reply 9
Original post by SunnysideSea
EU membership certainly benefits the middle class, so I would expect this TSR poll to be very one sided. The working class? Not so much. They're the ones who lose out from our membership, but let's not say that too loudly, right?

How?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably out

Well, you can start with the increased competition for low-paid, low-skilled jobs. Not only making it harder for the working class to gain jobs, but reducing their wages once they get them (since big business always know there will be a ready supply of migrants to take their place. Also, more migrants means more competition for council housing, and cheaper housing in general - reducing supply and increasing cost of homes. Migrants, being on average poorer, tend to live in traditionally working class areas, meaning schools and hospitals in poorer areas are put under increased pressure, reducing the effectiveness of services.

Meanwhile, TSRians are sitting comfortably in Notting Hill, safe from these negative side effects, and reaping the financial rewards of increased profit.
i am not ready to withdraw
Reply 13
Original post by SMEGGGY
IN

We've been in for years, I know no different so think we're better together.

Lamentable reasoning.

Reducing immigration is not going to be achieved by leaving. 188.000 non EU came in, they'll still be coming in after we leave. We need to gain more powers off the EU as PM did. But yes, IN will win.

The only way we will ever fundamentally change the EU is if the EU is destroyed and something more reasonable put in its place, and the only way that is going to happen is if nations begin leaving.

Original post by SMEGGGY
In all honesty? Yes. We have more influence than we will once we're out.

Please explain what you mean with some examples. At the moment I strongly suspect you are simply repeating what you've heard politicians and commentators saying.
Original post by SMEGGGY
In all honesty? Yes. We have more influence than we will once we're out. The days of the British Empire are gone so the world does not do as we say anymore.

500 million plus people, united, different languages & cultures. But I'll not want a USofE though. Keep it as it is with more control.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No; that is false.

The UK would revoke the EU representatives in the WTO; the ones which are there in our place, then we'd delegate our own representatives working in our interests.

A Brexit wouldn't make our country slip into the North Atlantic Ocean; we'll always be a part of Europe.

Europe != the political union that is the EU
Original post by the bear

You keep saying this, but you keep failing to say why. Why?
Vote Remain!
Reply 17
Original post by XcitingStuart
You keep saying this, but you keep failing to say why. Why?

He is not ready to say
Original post by the bear

If we had the opportunity to join now would you though?If no, You have too leave.
Original post by govandpolitics

yes... i would be in like Flynn

[scrollr]:france:[/scrollr]

[scroll]:pierre:[/scroll]

[scrollr]:france:[/scrollr]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending