The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GO97
lol i do stuff like that anyway even though i know it. and yeah bio is horrid i was trying to cram the whole thing on sunday but then got to genetic engineering (last topic) and felt like jumping out of my bedroom window. ill try and finish it off tomorrow and then do past papers after

True, some exams are so mentally exhausting that by the end my hand is so tired and my brain feels like mush so writing a 3 instead of a 2 is entirely possible 😂

I don't know what exam board you do for bio (I do OCR) but gene technology is in the middle of our syllabus so imagine having to do all the gene tech and then having to do ecology and plant and animal behaviour after it....
Original post by GO97
i was in ur shoes earlier today this was the best i came across

https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/mod-5-revision-guide-4-transition-metals.pdf

last two page have all the colours youll need to know. unfortunately theres no shortcut, u just have to make up a pattern that works for you or just cram it raw.

one thing ive noticed tho is the colours tend to repeat for the same metal e.g. fe2+ is mostly green for everything and copper is pretty much blue for everything

thanks ill give it few look throughs then try to write up table on my own hopefully it works but yeah i also noticed that too that a few metals have repeated colours
Original post by Boundless_x
Can someone please explainwhy you need a platinum electrode on the right?

image.jpg

I think it's because both the reactant and product on that side are solid so the platinum electrode is just there to conduct between the two solids
Original post by GO97
lol i do stuff like that anyway even though i know it. and yeah bio is horrid i was trying to cram the whole thing on sunday but then got to genetic engineering (last topic) and felt like jumping out of my bedroom window. ill finish it off tomorrow and then do past papers after

i didnt even get to finish by biology revision for f215, got like halfway through then gave up on the day cause it was too much, im probably gonna have to cram it all in tomorrow and then do past papers like theres no tomorrow
Original post by flylikeafly
You know when they ask why this cell is not rechargeable or ammeter reading would fall to zero. I don't understand that.

Not rechargeable: reactions cannot be reversed

Ammeter: reactants are being used up

Original post by YoloSwagginz
You don't need every colour spec specifically states fe cu and co in ppt reactions and cu nh3 deep blue cucl4 and cocl4

Maybe so, but every single colour change has come up before.
Original post by GO97
yeah this is weird. it could be to do with allowing electricity to flow

Thanks, :h: I just realised that the metal oxides can't conduct electricity :redface:
Reply 2126
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
True, some exams are so mentally exhausting that by the end my hand is so tired and my brain feels like mush so writing a 3 instead of a 2 is entirely possible 😂

I don't know what exam board you do for bio (I do OCR) but gene technology is in the middle of our syllabus so imagine having to do all the gene tech and then having to do ecology and plant and animal behaviour after it....

oh that sucks for u haha all the ecology and plant stuff was in our first unit which went pretty good for me. but this unit im cramming for has all the complicated mechanisms and then the killer 25 essay
Reply 2127
Original post by shamk123
i didnt even get to finish by biology revision for f215, got like halfway through then gave up on the day cause it was too much, im probably gonna have to cram it all in tomorrow and then do past papers like theres no tomorrow

oh thats rough man, im doing the same for my aqa unit 5
What past paper did you guys find the most difficult?
Original post by GO97
oh that sucks for u haha all the ecology and plant stuff was in our first unit which went pretty good for me. but this unit im cramming for has all the complicated mechanisms and then the killer 25 essay

We haven't got any complicated mechanisms or an essay thankfully but they combat that with them allotting 150ums to this paper alone hence the grade boundaries are super low so you can easily drop 20 marks and still get full ums on the paper
Original post by Boundless_x
What past paper did you guys find the most difficult?

Jan 2013/ June 2012
Last years paper was nice :smile:
Reply 2131
im not well informed on the perfect ionic model theory can someone who knows it well bullet point the key ideas
Reply 2132
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
We haven't got any complicated mechanisms or an essay thankfully but they combat that with them allotting 150ums to this paper alone hence the grade boundaries are super low so you can easily drop 20 marks and still get full ums on the paper

anything without an essay is a steal in my eyes haha. lets hope we get the grades we need
Original post by GO97
im not well informed on the perfect ionic model theory can someone who knows it well bullet point the key ideas

-Assumes the lattice has only ionic bonding
-all ions are spherical
-all point charges
Reply 2134
Original post by GO97

There is only ionic interaction, electrostatic forces
The ions are perfect spheres (no charge cloud distortion)

no covalent character
Original post by haj101
Jan 2013/ June 2012
Last years paper was nice :smile:

Yeah last years paper was really good :u: and I'm glad that I'm not the only one that found June 2012 difficult :s-smilie:
Reply 2136
Original post by Jmedi
There is only ionic interaction, electrostatic forces
The ions are perfect spheres (no charge cloud distortion)

no covalent character

thank you, can u expand on this?
Reply 2137
Original post by Ejsjwwj
-Assumes the lattice has only ionic bonding
-all ions are spherical
-all point charges

what does this mean? sorry if i sound stupid
Reply 2138
just did three papers and got A A* A*. hopefully Ill get an A* in my last chem 5 paper.
Hi everyone I've only managed to complete the past papers from 2015 - Jan 2012... Are there any papers that you found particularly difficult? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending