The Student Room Group

AQA Religious Studies Life Death and Beyond RST4A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shhc97
Predicting better work or else I'm doomed. I doubt death will come up tbh

Augustine claims that God foreknows who will be doomed, and who will be saved, and there's nothing we can do about it.... so, y'know.

I think you're probably right about death though one of them has to come up though right? I don't think there would be any point in them giving us a choice of questions if they were both on nature/value.
That's actually Calvin.
Reply 82
Original post by effieallen
Augustine claims that God foreknows who will be doomed, and who will be saved, and there's nothing we can do about it.... so, y'know.

I think you're probably right about death though one of them has to come up though right? I don't think there would be any point in them giving us a choice of questions if they were both on nature/value.

I'm putting my money on eschatology and present life... Maybe the value but I dunno... I have revised them 3 so meh. I'm.just worried about how much I need to write
How did people find that? I didn't revise eschatology so had to choose the shite question about religous perspectives on death. The eschatology question looked kinda awkward
Reply 84
Original post by luccahempsall
How did people find that? I didn't revise eschatology so had to choose the shite question about religous perspectives on death. The eschatology question looked kinda awkward

some girl thought it was present life and that had to startled... I cant believe they did LAD like c'mon that came up last year how unfair is that!! Hope it went well for you! What's done is done
Reply 85
What did people write about for death question?
Reply 86
Original post by shhc97
some girl thought it was present life and that had to startled... I cant believe they did LAD like c'mon that came up last year how unfair is that!! Hope it went well for you! What's done is done

The first question was Esch&Apoc, the second was Death
Reply 87
Original post by arrow_h
The first question was Esch&Apoc, the second was Death

My teacher showed us our original rst4a it had religious and secular views on value and death and beyond. :frown:
Really wanted a question on value! :frown:
Reply 88
Original post by KaurNav
My teacher showed us our original rst4a it had religious and secular views on value and death and beyond. :frown:

So the 2 questions were religious and secular on value and the other q. was death and beyond. Wow I'm done, AQA done this twice !!!!
Reply 89
Original post by arrow_h
So the 2 questions were religious and secular on value and the other q. was death and beyond. Wow I'm done, AQA done this twice !!!!

Yes that's right! We had actually guessed both of our original exams. But examiners are so mean and leaked our paper.
Reply 90
Original post by KaurNav

whaaatt???!!! thats mad! i hate these different exam boards i feel like there should only be one. they are always messing up constantly and no one holds them to account ever.
Original post by shhc97
whaaatt???!!! thats mad! i hate these different exam boards i feel like there should only be one. they are always messing up constantly and no one holds them to account ever.

Anyone else feel like they failed that exam or just me 😩
Reply 92
Original post by secretreviser
Anyone else feel like they failed that exam or just me 😩

aww bud whats got you down? tbh it was crazy stupid and twitter felt the same... on top of the rst4a resources are crap so if you felt like you did not know enough you are not the only one.
Reply 93
Original post by shhc97

Yes I know it's really frustrating! So annoyed with both philosophy papers this year! :frown::frown:
Original post by KaurNav
Yes I know it's really frustrating! So annoyed with both philosophy papers this year! :frown::frown:

Which question did you do and what points did you make?
Reply 95
Original post by secretreviser
Which question did you do and what points did you make?

I did the second question on death, which I had planned with my teacher about an hour before my exam....so lucky. :smile:
I wrote about about heaven and hell in Christianity and death views of other eastern religions eg: Buddhism, Sikhism and hindusim, and how religious believers don't fear death since there's an afterlife such reincarntaion and rebirth.
Don't know if it's right!
Which question did u do??
I did the first question about future and end of time.
So I included religions such as Christianity, Islam and Buddhism
I talked about the millinium(pre and post) last book of revelation John and future based eschatology and further developed

With Islam I talked about the minor and major signs during the end such as the coming of the anti Christ (ad Dajjal) and how the world will end such as the trumpet being blown twice and in terms of attitude I just talked about the importance it has within Christians and Muslims and they must prepare in this life through the bible and Quran etc. What about you lot, coz still not sure if I was right loool
Original post by KaurNav
I did the second question on death, which I had planned with my teacher about an hour before my exam....so lucky. :smile:
I wrote about about heaven and hell in Christianity and death views of other eastern religions eg: Buddhism, Sikhism and hindusim, and how religious believers don't fear death since there's an afterlife such reincarntaion and rebirth.
Don't know if it's right!
Which question did u do??

I did the same
What did you write for the A02? Like which points for and against and your overall conclusion?
Really didnt think it was great at all:frown:
The first question was worded so strangely so I avoided that completely. Apparently it was on esch and ap? Looked more like present life to me!
Anyone else do the death question and what did you put for both parts - A01 and A02?
Reply 99
Original post by Swizzy246
I did the first question about future and end of time.
So I included religions such as Christianity, Islam and Buddhism
I talked about the millinium(pre and post) last book of revelation John and future based eschatology and further developed

With Islam I talked about the minor and major signs during the end such as the coming of the anti Christ (ad Dajjal) and how the world will end such as the trumpet being blown twice and in terms of attitude I just talked about the importance it has within Christians and Muslims and they must prepare in this life through the bible and Quran etc. What about you lot, coz still not sure if I was right loool

I wrote that too. I stuck I abit of Buddhism too

Quick Reply

Latest