The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 June 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by heyitskim
What grade will 60/61 be?

at least B+
Reply 541
Can someone please let me know the breakdown of the marks for each question and each parts
Really want to know how many marks i have potentially got
Thanks in advance
Reply 542
Original post by MrHamz
Can someone please let me know the breakdown of the marks for each question and each parts
Really want to know how many marks i have potentially got
Thanks in advance

here you go boss

1) a: 4, b: 1 2) a: 4, b: 3 3) a: 3, b: 5, c: 2 4) a: 5, b: 2, c: 2, d: 2 5) a: 5, b: 5 6) a: 4, b: 5 7) a: 2, b: 3 8) a: 4, b: 6 9) a: 2, b: 2, c: 4

courtesy of @thesporkthief
Please can someone tell me how many marks the ' show that ' part of question 4b was worth ; i cannot recall doing that question and i think i left it out !!!
Reply 544
Original post by fefssdf
Please can someone tell me how many marks the ' show that ' part of question 4b was worth ; i cannot recall doing that question and i think i left it out !!!

Apparently only 2
How many marks would I lose for these mistakes:
-I didn't simplify 0.5ln25/4 to ln5/2
-I got an answer of 32.9 instead of 33.0
-for Q5 I got an answer of 1.609, which works but is not in the range specified (I only gave one solution of tan4x)
I am thinking I will lose one, one and two marks, lost so 4 total, maybe 96UMS?
Does anyone remember how many marks 7.a), 8.b) and 9.c) were worth?
Original post by Jabbasalacious
How many marks would I lose for these mistakes:
-I didn't simplify 0.5ln25/4 to ln5/2
-I got an answer of 32.9 instead of 33.0
-for Q5 I got an answer of 1.609, which works but is not in the range specified (I only gave one solution of tan4x)
I am thinking I will lose one, one and two marks, lost so 4 total, maybe 96UMS?

if you give answers outside the range then they don't deduct marks. you only lose a mark if you give extra incorrect values within the range.
you will lose a mark for writing 32.9 and not 33.0 as it wasn't written to the dp. specified.
you may lose a mark for the ln one but depends cause mark schemes are lenient with logs ...

you'd probably lose 2/3, so like you said 96ums may well be in the bag ! congrats - i think i may have scraped about 77ums oops
Original post by veldt127
Apparently only 2

hopefully - seems i did'nt see that one :frown:
Original post by heyitskim
What grade will 60/61 be?

I'd be tempted to say an A. Last year was 58 for an A and i can't see it jumping that much tbh . well done ! :smile:
Reply 550
Original post by fefssdf
hopefully - seems i did'nt see that one :frown:

I almost missed 8 and 9! I folded my paper weirdly so 7 looked like the last one :erm:
Did we have to give the dosage question (6.740) to a specific accuracy?
Reply 552
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Did we have to give the dosage question (6.740) to a specific accuracy?

3 decimal places
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=554369&d=1466525530
I almost missed 8 and 9! I folded my paper weirdly so 7 looked like the last one :erm:

this just reminds me of a gcse biology paper I did where i stopped where it said ' blank page' and then spent 45 mins checking my previous answers and then when everyone was handing in their papers it hit me that there was 11 marks worth of questions after the blank page. I'm sure you done alright aha
Reply 554
Original post by fefssdf
this just reminds me of a gcse biology paper I did where i stopped where it said ' blank page' and then spent 45 mins checking my previous answers and then when everyone was handing in their papers it hit me that there was 11 marks worth of questions after the blank page. I'm sure you done alright aha

God that's terrifying; I find everything is super amplified in exams and you become way more likely to trip up on small things. Yeah, I've done fine judging by what we've put together :smile:
so annoyed how i drew cosec graph for arcsin :angry:
I'm expecting grade boundaries similar to last year's, anyone else? Looking at here I think best case scenario is that I may have picked up 70/71 marks depending on if I lose a mark for not simplifying 0.5ln(6.25).... plus the last 4 marks :c
God that's terrifying; I find everything is super amplified in exams and you become way more likely to trip up on small things. Yeah, I've done fine judging by what we've put together :smile:

oh trust me. i got full marks on question 9 but ****ed up on the algebraic long division and iteration formula and missed out a part of another question. if i had done the paper just at home, i probably would've got like 70/75. argh :frown:
Reply 558
Original post by fefssdf
oh trust me. i got full marks on question 9 but ****ed up on the algebraic long division and iteration formula and missed out a part of another question. if i had done the paper just at home, i probably would've got like 70/75. argh :frown:

That can't amount to many marks lost - sounds like you still have an A depending on method marks. Anyway, not much you can change now, I'd recommend doing a lot of C4 and trying the Gold tier papers http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c4-edexcel-bronze-silver-gold/ which consist of the hardest questions and increase in difficulty as you go up numbers. Have you got S2 or D2 next week?
That can't amount to many marks lost - sounds like you still have an A depending on method marks. Anyway, not much you can change now, I'd recommend doing a lot of C4 and trying the Gold tier papers http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c4-edexcel-bronze-silver-gold/ which consist of the hardest questions and increase in difficulty as you go up numbers. Have you got S2 or D2 next week?

I have 0 faith in those gold papers now. I did them all yet they were way easier than actual past papers + the exam we just did. Q9 on this paper completely baft me out :frown:. I'm just going to do regular papers for C4.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending