The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 June 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by lucabrasi98
I have 0 faith in those gold papers now. I did them all yet they were way easier than actual past papers + the exam we just did. Q9 on this paper completely baft me out :frown:. I'm just going to do regular papers for C4.

Fair enough. I was lucky to have done June 2007 before this paper, which had an incredibly similar question to 9. Solomon papers are meant to be good for learning around the topic; there'll be something not seen before on Friday and they might help anticipate it
Original post by chloeabeki
I'm expecting grade boundaries similar to last year's, anyone else? Looking at here I think best case scenario is that I may have picked up 70/71 marks depending on if I lose a mark for not simplifying 0.5ln(6.25).... plus the last 4 marks :c

I did the exact same as you but sort of got part way through last part of last question, got a =5 but not the inside part so maybe 1-2 marks.
Original post by veldt127
That can't amount to many marks lost - sounds like you still have an A depending on method marks. Anyway, not much you can change now, I'd recommend doing a lot of C4 and trying the Gold tier papers http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c4-edexcel-bronze-silver-gold/ which consist of the hardest questions and increase in difficulty as you go up numbers. Have you got S2 or D2 next week?

Ive done literally all the papers for C4-Edexcel, solomon, ocr,ocr mei, IAL even like idk what else to do for revision tbh ... i have s2 but *****ing it cause i had to self teach it all and the grade boundaries are ridiculous
Reply 563
Does any one know if there are model answers for the C3 paper?
Reply 564
Hey please tell me if i solve a question wrong will i get marks or no
Reply 565
Original post by veldt127
here you go boss

1) a: 4, b: 1 2) a: 4, b: 3 3) a: 3, b: 5, c: 2 4) a: 5, b: 2, c: 2, d: 2 5) a: 5, b: 5 6) a: 4, b: 5 7) a: 2, b: 3 8) a: 4, b: 6 9) a: 2, b: 2, c: 4

courtesy of @thesporkthief

Thank you my man
Original post by chloeabeki
I'm expecting grade boundaries similar to last year's, anyone else? Looking at here I think best case scenario is that I may have picked up 70/71 marks depending on if I lose a mark for not simplifying 0.5ln(6.25).... plus the last 4 marks :c

I think it might just stay the same tbh - i think there were a few dodgy questions like the iteration one where people got really confused ( including me :/ )
Original post by Ablojo
Does any one know if there are model answers for the C3 paper?

Keep checking physics and maths tutor on google + where they will upload the solutions soon enough https://plus.google.com/+PhysicsAndMathsTutor/posts
Original post by ajaxkiller
so annoyed how i drew cosec graph for arcsin :angry:

i doubt you're the only one - the arc graphs are the sort of thing you skim over and don't bother learning
Reply 569
Think i secured atleast 50/75 while looking through the MA and trying to remember what i wrote
Should of done soo much better oh well looks like ill be on the solomon paper grind for c4
Ok guys, please tell me how many marks you think i lost for each of these errors.

Left the answer to 7b as the exact value which was sin(-pi/3) - 1

Forgot the other 2 points in question 8(b) but showed + and minus etc

Managed to get to the 3rd stage in answering the very last question but couldn't work out the final form.

Didn't write any answers in for + and - ve in question 4d but did mention the correct numbers for the interval, talked about the change in sign and the root in the interval between (x and z) etc

Used 90 and -90 in the arcsin sketch

These are all the errors I made in the exam, how many marks out of 75 would I get?

Any insight is appreciated greatly
Original post by Student7th
How accurately did people predict june 2013's grade boundaries?

this paper wasn't that hard
Original post by ajaxkiller
so annoyed how i drew cosec graph for arcsin :angry:

Exactly what I did :lol: I deliberately learnt the inverse trig graphs yesterday because I suspected that they would come up; clearly didn't help. At least it was only 2 marks.
Original post by Mhyykol
this paper wasn't that hard

i know that! Just seeing how good we are at predicting dodgy exams' boundaries.
How many marks was 3c?
Original post by MrHamz
Think i secured atleast 50/75 while looking through the MA and trying to remember what i wrote
Should of done soo much better oh well looks like ill be on the solomon paper grind for c4

same man around 50'ish, hoping the grade boundaries are that of near 2013 which gives us a chance of a B. but we could slip into C grade :redface:
Original post by Student7th
i know that! Just seeing how good we are at predicting dodgy exams' boundaries.

oh sorry i get you now, i means as with everything online, take it with a grain of salt. best thing to do will be to focus more energy into c4 than worrying what exactly you need to get, getting close to 95% in c4 will get you what you need most likely and you can get that good in two days if you bang it out
Original post by EpicTree
same man around 50'ish, hoping the grade boundaries are that of near 2013 which gives us a chance of a B. but we could slip into C grade :redface:

i predict i B being 54-56
Reply 579
Original post by MrHamz
Can someone please let me know the breakdown of the marks for each question and each parts
Really want to know how many marks i have potentially got
Thanks in advance

hey boss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending