The Student Room Group

Year 10 Maths Mock Exam

Anyone in year who has already done the maths mock??? was it easy?? was it a past paper??
Forgot to say for the Edexcel exam board does anyone know where I could get the paper?? Is it a Pixl paper??
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I did, it was easy and was a past paper
Original post by Fnt1klo

i did it today aqa, the new level 9-1 paper. I'm not sure if i stupid or what, but jheez that paper was f*****g hard. I am in top set in my class and everyone said it was hard
I just sat it, there's a ridiculously hard integration by substitution question where it asks for the coefficients in rational form at the end of the paper. Other than that and the differential equation question before that, which by the way, you need to leave in the form logax+blogac=e^(tan2x-3)+c, it's not too bad.
Reply 4
Original post by theBranicAc
i did it today aqa, the new level 9-1 paper. I'm not sure if i stupid or what, but jheez that paper was f*****g hard. I am in top set in my class and everyone said it was hard

I am doing edexcel, our new spec is hard as well. I heard that in higher tier 50% of paper is going to focus on A/A* questions.In total 75% of paper will focus on grade 6-9 where other 25% focusing on 5. By the way our mock was from our old spec and therefore I found it easy.
Original post by Fnt1klo

My teacher said it won't be online, I think its a PIXL paper. Are you doing Edexcel?
Original post by BanterBus
I just sat it, there's a ridiculously hard integration by substitution question where it asks for the coefficients in rational form at the end of the paper. Other than that and the differential equation question before that, which by the way, you need to leave in the form logax+blogac=e^(tan2x-3)+c, it's not too bad.[/QU

Was that in the higher paper? I'm going to do foundation, haven't yet done it.
Original post by *Alisha*
My teacher said it won't be online, I think its a PIXL paper. Are you doing Edexcel?

it is a pixil paper as im doing it next week
it is a pixil paper as im doing it next week

I'm doing it TOMMOROW would it be a 2015 paper?? my teacher said its not a past paper
[QUOTE="*Alisha*;66016699"]
Original post by BanterBus
I just sat it, there's a ridiculously hard integration by substitution question where it asks for the coefficients in rational form at the end of the paper. Other than that and the differential equation question before that, which by the way, you need to leave in the form logax+blogac=e^(tan2x-3)+c, it's not too bad.[/QU

Was that in the higher paper? I'm going to do foundation, haven't yet done it.

yeah i did the higher paper,im not sure about the foundation

I'm doing it TOMMOROW would it be a 2015 paper?? my teacher said its not a past paper

no it would be the new spec 9-1
[QUOTE="theBranicAc;66017661"]

My teacher said its an old style paper and said to not worry about the 9-1 for these exams
[QUOTE="theBranicAc;66017661"]

Would you be able to find it online?
[QUOTE="*Alisha*;66017725"]

Would you be able to find it online?

yeah heres some exdecel 9-1 papers

http://justmaths.co.uk/2015/07/09/pearson-1-9-sams/
[QUOTE="theBranicAc;66018069"]

yeah heres some exdecel 9-1 papers

http://justmaths.co.uk/2015/07/09/pearson-1-9-sams/

Its not the new GCSE syllabus for this years mock exam. Where going to get an old style paper from PIXL
[QUOTE="*Alisha*;66018265"]

Its not the new GCSE syllabus for this years mock exam. Where going to get an old style paper from PIXL

Every school will make different decisions on what paper to use for y10 exams. Cheating on year 10 mocks by getting the paper in advance is silly. You won't find out what you are good at and where you need to improve, neither will your teachers. Just get on with revision and learn what you need to do better for the y11 mocks and the real thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've done two of the papers on the new spec and I found them quite hard. I'm in the highest set in my year but I could only scrape a pass. Someone in my school who is doing A Level Maths work in his spare time couldn't even get an A. If you're doing one on the new spec, I think Edexcel has them on a secure area, which only certain teachers can access.
The new GCSE's are brought down from A level standard -_-
Ive done 2 papers - 1 calculator 1 non calculator both pretty hard however some of the questions are not too bad really. Its just about looking at them in a different way.
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
I've done two of the papers on the new spec and I found them quite hard. I'm in the highest set in my year but I could only scrape a pass. Someone in my school who is doing A Level Maths work in his spare time couldn't even get an A. If you're doing one on the new spec, I think Edexcel has them on a secure area, which only certain teachers can access.

I'm so scared for the real exams :frown:
Just Revise and you'll get an A*
Maths genie is a good website
www.mathsgenie.co.uk/grade2.html
I'm so scared for the real exams :frown:
Just Revise and you'll get an A*
Maths genie is a good website
www.mathsgenie.co.uk/grade2.html

revising the new content is only 50% of your worries
what you really need to do is work on your problem solving and mathematical reasoning to apply your knowledge and skills in new situations

Quick Reply