The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Transport Economics F584 2016 (23/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hyjacked
I'm making notes on f584 following the specification on a google doc, if anyone wants to help out here you go: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xozIdFgSPtwDMBHLx7ML2dg5NxKdbPaqNHDzCTcpyjY/edit?usp=sharing
I am just using the electronic text book at the moment but plan on going back through using my own notes and powerpoints from school and then maybe adding example past questions that are relevant to each point from the spec.

Hey there, these are some fantastic notes. I'm using these to revise as I've lost my econ book. I'm just wondering do you know any good resources I can use to help me understand how to write the 5,10,15,20 markers? The structure and content?

Again, thanks for this material.
Original post by econstuedent
Hey there, these are some fantastic notes. I'm using these to revise as I've lost my econ book. I'm just wondering do you know any good resources I can use to help me understand how to write the 5,10,15,20 markers? The structure and content?

Again, thanks for this material.

aha no problem.
I don't know of any resources for that, sorry, maybe there are videos on youtube? I just tend to wing it so if you do find anything can you post it on here or on the google doc!
Original post by hyjacked
aha no problem.
I don't know of any resources for that, sorry, maybe there are videos on youtube? I just tend to wing it so if you do find anything can you post it on here or on the google doc!

Yeah I think I've found a good post about the structure of a 20 marker from this thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2679011

"First paragraph: Define the key terms in the questions (AO1). Start to introduce the essay with relevant theory (AO2) e.g. In theory this should cause firms to become more efficient.

Second paragraph: Explain two points for the argument with a clear chain of arguments (AO2 AO3), try to use a diagram if possible. At the end of each point to an evaluation point (AO4) to why this may not be as effective or why it may not be a significant advantage.

Third paragraph: Explain two points againest the argument (balanced argument) with a clear clear analysis (AO2 AO3), try to use a diagram if possible. At the end of each point to an evaluation point (AO4) to why this may not be as effective or why it may not be a significant advantage. Try to use word like it depends upon, however on the other hand.

Fourth paragraph: Come to an overall judgement, weigh up what you have said and state which you think is the most relevant point. Justify why you have said this point and say what it depends up. 18plus i think you would have to say what the evaluative points depend up and expand it even further."
Got 5 exams next week, bricking it for transport please can one of you man help a brother out.

How well do we have to know each transport industry like aviation, bus, freight?

Which transport policies do we need to know and how in detail?

Last year the first 25 marks was revolved around APD imo, anyone got any predictions?

Cheers
Does anyone else have any good notes for the exam?
Do you think everything covered in google docs + past papers will be enough?
my teacher said that COBA and CBA alongside sustainability is predicted to come up in the essay questions
Original post by jessparhar
my teacher said that COBA and CBA alongside sustainability is predicted to come up in the essay questions

Do you know what the structure of the 10 marker is? Also, I find the 15/25 markers very weird as they have no clear structure... Sometimes they go up in levels but sometimes e.g. Jan 2010 question 2a.... they just want a list of things in the mark scheme.
Original post by fpmaniac
Do you know what the structure of the 10 marker is? Also, I find the 15/25 markers very weird as they have no clear structure... Sometimes they go up in levels but sometimes e.g. Jan 2010 question 2a.... they just want a list of things in the mark scheme.

There is no 10 marker, only 8.
Original post by coolguy123456
There is no 10 marker, only 8.

Oops meant 8 marker.

from what ive seen you dont get 10 markers in the f584 exam instead you get 8 markers which our teacher told us to divide as 3 marks for analysis 3 marks for eval and 2 marks for judgement and i agree they do
Oops meant 8 marker.

It's 3 for "FOR" and 3 "AGAINST" and 2 for judgement
Could anyone post last year's paper on here (June 2015) as I can't seem to find it. Thanks
Original post by jessparhar
from what ive seen you dont get 10 markers in the f584 exam instead you get 8 markers which our teacher told us to divide as 3 marks for analysis 3 marks for eval and 2 marks for judgement and i agree they do

Original post by coolguy123456
It's 3 for "FOR" and 3 "AGAINST" and 2 for judgement

Thanks. So what would you do for those weird questions like jan 2010 1biii. Normally I would do 2-3 Points FOR AND AGAINST and conclusion, but in the mark scheme they did something completely different. It seems like they have repeated and reworded a few points to get more marks which is stupid and they have included a mark for the definition.
Thanks. So what would you do for those weird questions like jan 2010 1biii. Normally I would do 2-3 Points FOR AND AGAINST and conclusion, but in the mark scheme they did something completely different. It seems like they have repeated and reworded a few points to get more marks which is stupid and they have included a mark for the definition.

Jan 2010 1biii is not an unusual question, 3 marks analysing how it does work in terms of supply reducing etc (diagram would get you 2 marks) and then 3 for limitations of why not and your own judgement
Original post by mufcfan27
Could anyone post last year's paper on here (June 2015) as I can't seem to find it. Thanks

QP - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycwnemfpwto4g4f/qp%20F584.pdf?dl=0

MS - https://www.dropbox.com/s/twilormlmf4la6t/F584_MS_June15.pdf?dl=0
Does anyone have a good template on how to answer a 20 marker or an example essay annotated? I'm really confused the exam is in 2 days ;_;
Can anyone briefly explain the structure to answering 15 mark questions and 20 mark questions?

I feel confident on the syllabus content but I am still feeling unsure on exam technique for the section B questions. Thanks!
Original post by econstuedent
Does anyone have a good template on how to answer a 20 marker or an example essay annotated? I'm really confused the exam is in 2 days ;_;

Can anyone briefly explain the structure to answering 15 mark questions and 20 mark questions?

I feel confident on the syllabus content but I am still feeling unsure on exam technique for the section B questions. Thanks!

15 marker is Definitions, applications and FOR arguments
20 marker is Definitions, applications, FOR arguments, AGAINST arguments and conclusion. This is basically the same as 18 marker from AS
15 marker is Definitions, applications and FOR arguments
20 marker is Definitions, applications, FOR arguments, AGAINST arguments and conclusion. This is basically the same as 18 marker from AS

Are you sure about this? So we don't need to include against arguments for the 15 markers? Can anyone else back this up as well?
Reply 39
Are you sure about this? So we don't need to include against arguments for the 15 markers? Can anyone else back this up as well?

Yeah, you're just analysing for 15 markers. No evaluation points

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending