The Student Room Group

What makes you a REAL woman?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanFM
Yess! It looks wonderful :love:

Haha cute! Thank you! Jels I see haha :tongue: :love: It's actually wonderful tho, I hug it really tight when I'm upset. :wink:
About 200lbs of adipose tissue.
It's obviously the fact that she puts female instead of male in those annoying surveys....
I mean DUH!
Original post by 0to100
Nah. As a Christian you should know the main role is to carry children and nurture and support your loved ones...

That's not in the Bible I read :tongue: I thought the main function of women was to be glorifying to God?
It's not about the Bible per se now. It's about the social tradition that often comes with religion. Most religious people can be traditional, and about the same things.
Original post by 0to100
It's not about the Bible per se now. It's about the social tradition that often comes with religion. Most religious people can be traditional, and about the same things.

Social tradition is meaningless. The Bible says that the purpose of man is to be glorifying to God and to serve Him
I'm talking about gender roles. Which are assumed by social tradition. Which are mostly followed by religious people these days especially. Not morality of the average human being...
Original post by 0to100
I'm talking about gender roles. Which are assumed by social tradition. Which are mostly followed by religious people these days especially. Not morality of the average human being...

I don't actually believe in traditional gender roles per say, considering there were both female Judges (OT) and female deacons (NT) I don't think God has much care for them either.
I don't necessarily care for them myself but I acknowledge them because so many other people who I have no choice but to coexist with live and decide by them. That being said nurturing and caring certainly isn't a bad thing to be asked to be, no matter the gender.
Original post by 0to100
I don't necessarily care for them myself but I acknowledge them because so many other people who I have no choice but to coexist with live and decide by them. That being said nurturing and caring certainly isn't a bad thing to be asked to be, no matter the gender.

Maybe for women, I have a feeling that even now in 2016 there's still quite a lot of stigma against men being considered as caring or nurturing, even though that's what most Godly men have been in the Bible
Really? :K:

And if anything it's a stigma for women now because apparently asking that of her is "sexist"
Original post by 0to100
Really? :K:

And if anything it's a stigma for women now because apparently asking that of her is "sexist"

A man in a caring role such as being a nurse, child-carer etc (at least where I'm from) is viewed with a healthy amount of suspicion, or suspected as being gay. At the very least you must have heard that girls apparently want tough bad boy types, not nurses and the like.
Just because there's some ignorant people floating around doesn't mean anything. Just as there as people who strangely find certain jobs as..."gay..." there are others who aren't subscribed to such an ass silly mentality. Doesn't mean it's a general stigma to not be a douche if you're male.
Original post by 0to100
Just because there's some ignorant people floating around doesn't mean anything. Just as there as people who strangely find certain jobs as..."gay..." there are others who aren't subscribed to such an ass silly mentality. Doesn't mean it's a general stigma to not be a douche if you're male.

Nice guys finish last though, don't they?
According to...? lol
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Support, Caring For & Raising a Family, and Pro-creation & I guess the traditional roles. :smile:

Spoiler

To me, that's a failure of a woman.

Come @ me ppl
Original post by 0to100
According to...? lol

According to female sexual selection
Well sometimes but...not always so...I can flip it and say no one wants a bad boy. I mean...in general girls, women, whoever want to be in a relationship with someone caring...I wasn't on about the actual employment of being a carer lol
Original post by 0to100
Well sometimes but...not always so...I can flip it and say no one wants a bad boy. I mean...in general girls, women, whoever want to be in a relationship with someone caring...I wasn't on about the actual employment of being a carer lol

Then why do all the bad boys get loads of p**** and all the good lads get screwed over?

Quick Reply