The Student Room Group

If you vote Remain...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oShahpo
What is it that you deem mindless exactly?

Blaming foreigners for anything and everything.
Original post by ByEeek
You could always go back to the 70s. Then you might understand why as a nation we have never had it so good. Of course if you are not prospering chances are the EU vote is inconsequential to your future.

Indeed. I'm no fan of the Tories(to put it mildly) but Cameron is right when he says that everything comes down to the economy.

Weakened economy=Weakened everything else
if you vote remain well done.
Original post by JamesN88
Blaming foreigners for anything and everything.

But I am not?
Original post by oShahpo
But I am not?

I know you're not.

Spoiler

Original post by JamesN88
I know you're not.

Spoiler

but... you said...
never mind I need sleep :P
Original post by ATW1
You don't get to complain about...

High rents and house prices.
Low wages.
Overcrowding.
Waiting at least 2 weeks for a doctor's appointment.
The privatisation of the NHS.
Struggling to find school places.
Taxpayers money being used to fund Brussels' beaurocrats luxurious lifestyle.
Unaccountable politicians.

YOU VOTED FOR IT.

I simply cannot comprehend your stupidity. Your last two points are valid however overcrowding? That only really happens in London. You cannot blame immigrants for making the UK being "overcrowded" as they bring much more benefits to the UK... Immigrants have made a £20bn contribution to public finances and almsot £5bn in taxes between 2004 and 2011 THEY ARE BLOODY FUNDING HALF OF THE PEOPLE SITTING ON THEIR FAT BUM CLAIMING BENEFITS AND DECREASING GOVERNMENT REVENUE. Your point about low wages is also quite invalid as large-scale immigration has no long-run effect on the wages thus you cannot blame immigrant for it. At the end of the day leaving the EU would be one of the most foolish decisions people can make and you frankly will make that foolish decision too. You might as well move to America and worship Trump.
Reply 47
Original post by alevelssuck_
I simply cannot comprehend your stupidity. Your last two points are valid however overcrowding? That only really happens in London. You cannot blame immigrants for making the UK being "overcrowded" as they bring much more benefits to the UK... Immigrants have made a £20bn contribution to public finances and almsot £5bn in taxes between 2004 and 2011 THEY ARE BLOODY FUNDING HALF OF THE PEOPLE SITTING ON THEIR FAT BUM CLAIMING BENEFITS AND DECREASING GOVERNMENT REVENUE. Your point about low wages is also quite invalid as large-scale immigration has no long-run effect on the wages thus you cannot blame immigrant for it. At the end of the day leaving the EU would be one of the most foolish decisions people can make and you frankly will make that foolish decision too. You might as well move to America and worship Trump.
The latest polls suggest that you (the remainers) are now the minority. So you will have to struggle to comprehend the 'stupidity' of the majority of the electorate. That's democracy for ya!
Original post by rosietaylor16
Based on the evidence and academics in favour of remain I'd say you're the dumb one tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

The one thing that's really annoyed me about media coverage (e.g. BBC News) is the politicisation of the truth.

There have been lots of instances where the media absolutely fail to mention that one side in academia / economist circles is a minority view (the leave side is a minority view, whereas the majority favour remaining). The desperation for balance (fear of the leave side particularly) especially in the case of the BBC has resulted in facts being ignored for the sake of looking balanced e.g. lets start a public debate instead of presenting facts and statistics.

I cannot stand the "views differ" style of reporting, which allows untruths to be repeated and politicians to generate more BS.
(edited 7 years ago)

I know it's anecdotal but my mum works in the nhs and manages about 150 lower down staff and most think we should leave
Original post by ByEeek
You could always go back to the 70s. Then you might understand why as a nation we have never had it so good. Of course if you are not prospering chances are the EU vote is inconsequential to your future.

Why is the pound at an all time low?
Why is growth between 0.4% and -0.3%?
Why does the gap between rich and poor grow ever bigger?
Why is national debt at a ridiculous all time high?
Why is it almost impossible for anyone under 30 to buy a house?
Why ar 15.3% of people classed as living in poverty when in 1973 only 2.9% were?
And yet you think our economy is better now?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DontVoteLabour
I know it's anecdotal but my mum works in the nhs and manages about 150 lower down staff and most think we should leave

Fair enough.
Why is the pound at an all time low?
Why is growth between 0.4% and -0.3%?
Why does the gap between rich and poor grow ever bigger?
Why is national debt at a ridiculous all time high?
Why is it almost impossible for anyone under 30 to buy a house?
Why ar 15.3% of people classed as living in poverty when in 1973 only 2.9% were?
And yet you think our economy is better now?

None of these issues are related to being in or out of the EU. Most are related to our own government policy.

And yes, our economy is better now than it was then. You clearly haven't washed your clothes in the bath because you don't have a washing machine or lived in a house with no central heating.
Original post by ByEeek
None of these issues are related to being in or out of the EU. Most are related to our own government policy.

And yes, our economy is better now than it was then. You clearly haven't washed your clothes in the bath because you don't have a washing machine or lived in a house with no central heating.

Lol you were saying the economy was better now than the 70s, yours wasnt related to the EU either. If you think the EU is economically viable for us then you are delusional and have no understanding of economics.
Lol you were saying the economy was better now than the 70s, yours wasnt related to the EU either. If you think the EU is economically viable for us then you are delusional and have no understanding of economics.

If we are talking about economics then why is it that most economists back the Leave campaign? So are you saying that mass strikes and the 3 day week are to be aspired to?
Original post by ByEeek

I love how when it's time for you lot to **** off the Tories, everything is awful but just now when it's time to big up the EU, "we've never had it so good".
I agree with all of this. Especially the school places one. Remainers think we can keep up with our public services if we get an in flux of immigrants. Vote wisely people, the future is more important than now, think about the long-term effects of staying and leaving, compared to the short-term effects and which one is more worse.
Original post by KimKallstrom
I love how when it's time for you lot to **** off the Tories, everything is awful but just now when it's time to big up the EU, "we've never had it so good".

Would you care to mention a time in history when we had it any better?
Original post by ByEeek
If we are talking about economics then why is it that most economists back the Leave campaign? So are you saying that mass strikes and the 3 day week are to be aspired to?

Ill assume you meant most economists back remain?
Most economists havent expressed an opinion. Ill assume you're quoting the around 89% figure(i cant remember the exact amount) where all the top 3500 or so economists were asked what they thought. Around 89% did back remain, but only about 17% returned the survey. So in actuality only around 15% backed remain. Unless you have another source which says most economists back remain?
Also what has the EU specifically done to grow our economy. Please try to say stuff that the EU alone did to grow the economy and not our government and its policies if you are so adamant the EU is vital to our economy
(edited 7 years ago)

Also what has the EU specifically done to grow our economy.

Ok - so go back 30 years or so to the time when the UK had a bilateral agreement with each and every country in Europe that allowed only four airlines (two from each country) to fly between them. Europe was instrumental in deregulating the airlines and as a result, the air industry has boomed. Prices are down, flights up and thanks once again to the EU, there is only one set of rules that govern not only trans European flights, but also any flight to and from the EU to the rest of the world. Brilliant for companies (cuts red tape rather than one set of rules for each country) and superb for us, the flying public, not to mention the thousands who now work in the airline industry.

The same goes for mobile phones and they way they are now priced and countless other industries. Tomorrow I could set up a company and start trading with Spain with no tariffs or "red tape". I would simply pay VAT to the UK government and get on with it. I could fill in one form and get trademark protection across the whole EU.

Why would we want to be rid of that? And for what? What do we gain? Control? Control over what? It seems to me that much of the out argument is about having control, but not necessarily using it. How pointless is that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending