The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh Uni quirks & traditions

So I've firmed Edinburgh a while back, but while there's a lot online about the technical things of the university, and the usual dry stock-image testimonials from students about what it's like to attend, I haven't really found much about its... weird bits, I guess? I'm curious, since Edinburgh is quite an old uni, about what kind of strange traditions, or ye olde style clothing or events go on that makes uni life there a little more interesting ya dig

oh im also a total ghostie buff if there's any of that too
Original post by Decaff
So I've firmed Edinburgh a while back, but while there's a lot online about the technical things of the university, and the usual dry stock-image testimonials from students about what it's like to attend, I haven't really found much about its... weird bits, I guess? I'm curious, since Edinburgh is quite an old uni, about what kind of strange traditions, or ye olde style clothing or events go on that makes uni life there a little more interesting ya dig

Ooh same here. I got into St Andrews as well and I loved all the traditions there. I want to know the cool stuff about Edinburgh!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Decaff

When you graduate, you are hit on the head with a cap made from John Knox's trousers.
http://www.ed.ac.uk/events/graduations
Reply 3
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
When you graduate, you are hit on the head with a cap made from John Knox's trousers.
http://www.ed.ac.uk/events/graduations

what happens if it knox me unconscious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending