The Student Room Group

How did you find the EDEXCEL C3 exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by lucabrasi98
look.at.the.attachment

What attachment? This one?: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=554215

That's a completely different question.
(edited 7 years ago)
No doubt that today's papers had some tricky elements in it, and I must admit I have fallen prey to some of them, yet I do not think that the grade boundary for A* this year will be any different to last year; looking at the previous polls I feel that the deviation for A* will be ±1 mark. I feel though that the grade boundaries for A and, especially, B, will be significantly lower.
Same as last year imo maybe +-1. Couple of the questions had marks here and there that caught people out
hmmm, I predicted myself 53 out of 75, made way to many idiotic mistakes and forgot to revise the arcsin graphs, I'm literally on the border of C-B and I really do not want a C
I felt the paper did not give many easy marks. The questions which are usually a bit easier, for example the question on antibiotic in the bloodstream, was more difficult than usual for those types.
Original post by Azarashi
I have the list of all grade boundaries from June 2005, the lowest it has ever been for an A was 50, with generally an average of around early 60s. I think this paper was harder than usual but not as hard as 50 for an A, so maybe mid-late 50s ish.

So do you think I can get a B in this exam with 52-54 marks?
Reply 106
Original post by skeptical_john
I felt the paper did not give many easy marks. The questions which are usually a bit easier, for example the question on antibiotic in the bloodstream, was more difficult than usual for those types.

That question was almost a replica of question 8, June 2007
Original post by EpicTree
So do you think I can get a B in this exam with 52-54 marks?

Possibly, I feel like this is exactly around the B grade boundary. If it is, it'll be scraped, but maybe it will be just short of a mark or two. I think whatever it is, you cam still have a chance to save it with C4.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RandomAccount
ouch lol. you don't need an A* for you unis though do you?

fortunately no. However I am reapplying during my gap year for medicine and would certainly have liked to have at least one or two A*s. So frustrated especially when i got almost every other question correct and i was getting A*s in past papers !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending