The Student Room Group

Should I choose Psychology, Politics or Economics for A-level ?

My other A-level options are Biology, History and Geography. Can anyone tell me out of Psychology, Politics or Economics which one would compliment and suit my other A-levels. Also, which one is most favourable for universities as I have no idea what I want to do in university and want to keep my options open with strong subjects. Also, if anyone who studies these subjects could tell me what they are like it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Original post by PG799
My other A-level options are Biology, History and Geography. Can anyone tell me out of Psychology, Politics or Economics which one would compliment and suit my other A-levels. Also, which one is most favourable for universities as I have no idea what I want to do in university and want to keep my options open with strong subjects. Also, if anyone who studies these subjects could tell me what they are like it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think Psychology would compliment your subjects well. I currently study Economics, so feel free to drop me a PM about the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do Geography, History, Politics and German. Do politics if you have a real interest in it as it links really well with history. Those who do not have an interest in it always end up doing badly. Many take it up as they think it is an easy subject but there is a hell of a lot to learn and if you don't have the interest it's really difficult to get into your head. However, if your favourite subject is biology then psychology ties in well with it. Economics does give you something a bit different but it can be horrendously difficult so only do it if your maths is strong. All of those subjects are very highly regarded by all top universities, it just depends on what you end up applying for at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
economics is the most respected out of the three

Quick Reply

Latest