The Student Room Group

Chemistry C3 Edexcel Exam

How did it go? i thought the calculations where quite hard.

Also what did people get for the question on the second page about how to show there were solids disolved? I said to heat and evaporate the water to crystallise the salts.
Yeah I didn't like the calculations because I'm awful at them. I ended up with 2.4 for the first and 12.5 for the second.
I wrote for that solid one that heating temporary hard water will leave CaCO3 which turns limewater cloudy and proves that there is a precipitate in there.
Original post by TSR778899

Also what did people get for the question on the second page about how to show there were solids disolved? I said to heat and evaporate the water to crystallise the salts.

was that the question about aluminium?

& the paper was easy but I ran out of time so I'm sooo scared and upset that I've ruined my chemistry grade :frown:
Reply 3
I thought it went well overall. I did similar to you for the showing that there are dissolved solids but I didn't include the crystallisation. Originally I'd put using qualitative testing to test for calcium ions using sodium hydroxide.

What did you get for the calculations? I think I got 2.4 for one of them and 12.5 cm cubed for the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I got 2.4dm and 12.5cm along with my friends, so I think that's right 😊
Reply 5
Original post by caitlinford3
was that the question about aluminium?

& the paper was easy but I ran out of time so I'm sooo scared and upset that I've ruined my chemistry grade :frown:

How to identify aluminium ions -
Add NaOH solution, white precipitate forms, dissolve in excess NaOH to form a colourless solution if aluminium ions are present
Reply 6
Original post by arniebob
I got 2.4dm and 12.5cm along with my friends, so I think that's right 😊

Me too as well:biggrin:
Original post by J__
How to identify aluminium ions -
Add NaOH solution, white precipitate forms, dissolve in excess NaOH to form a colourless solution if aluminium ions are present

I know the answer thanks I was just asking which question he was on about lol
i thought the paper was good but i forgot to convert 0.0125 into 12.5 which is so annoying...

what did you guys get for showing how the impurities were formed in the electrolysis bath?
and what was this solids question i can't remember it omg
Reply 9
what did people put for the impurities question??
Reply 10
what did people put for the impurities question??

I just said the copper compound is broken down into ions, causing the impurities to fall to the bottom & there not attracted to the cathode. And the anode decreases in mass stuff like that.
Reply 11

I wrote about adding Sodium Hydroxide and a white precipitate will form as calcium ions will be present. Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending