The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 4 (ECON4) June 23rd OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by BirdIsWord
Around what years were the questions repeated from?

I'm not sure, I think 2013? check i'm not sure but I know they were definitely repeated.

But last year's actual paper was taken so they might use what they were meant to last year? or not follow a pattern at all
Reply 61
Original post by BirdIsWord
Around what years were the questions repeated from?

I'm not entirely sure i think 2013? check but at least one of each question from each paper were repeated!

I'm not sure if they'll stick to a pattern though since last year's paper was taken so they might use questions like that or come up with something totally different
Reply 62
Sorry for the repeats- the website kept lagging -_-
Original post by GCSEgirl13
what type of EU question could they ask us?

any predictions?

it doesnt neccesarily have to be on the EU, could just be Europe in general. seeing as the exam was written 18 months before the exam is set, im predicting possibly something on falling oil prices or maybe an essay on supply side shocks? Both of which would be so nice.
Topics I will be revising:

Unemployment
Fiscal v monetary policy
Growth outside the UK
Economic growth/living standards
Conflicting objectives

...Screw the EU context
Reply 65
Lol considiring that last year the intentioned paper had EU in the context AND in the section A/essays part - that's a big risk lol. Unemployment came up last hyear though so unlikely to come up again like massively

Original post by Paddyyyy

Unemployment
Fiscal v monetary policy
Growth outside the UK
Conflicting objectives

...Screw the EU context
Original post by Paddyyyy

Unemployment
Fiscal v monetary policy
Growth outside the UK
Conflicting objectives

...Screw the EU context

Yeah i'm not revising EU either
Reply 67
I think for the global context the news reports on low oil prices, which began to drop since 2014, or China's economic slowdown affecting the global economy might come up.
Low oil prices is about affects on UK economies, but also on its trading partners (some of which may export oil and so may suffer). It may also impact global economic growth either positively or negatively as countries which are export-led by oil suffer by lower prices, whilst developed economies such as the UK's with financial services may benefit from a lower oil price.
For China, the slowdown is slowly bringing around a global recession. In 2011, China's contribution to world growth was roughly 15%, and was predicted to rise to 25% (approx.) by 2020. However, due to its economy coming to the point where it has no room to grow (i.e technologically and productively), it now faces a slowdown in economic growth which hinders the rest of the world's economies due to it's large role in global trade.

For the EU, I think the idea of a referendum might come up, but it might have a twist or focus on a particular section of the UK's macroeconomy such as unemployment or trade (most likely trade due to the European Single Market). In 2013, the context for EU was on the EU being the best hope for UK growth, so it could be possible that this year is a bout the EU's position in the importance of the UK's balance of payments.
Reply 68
Original post by Alextaylor6
lool feelsbadman, tbf I've only played the game for 3 months in total and its been on and off

who do you main?

Cleary Draven you beta noob.

Edit: Website just lagged and just didnt show me any of the past like 20 posts for some reason.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 69
discuss the possible impact on the UKbalance of payments given an increasing rate of inflation throughout the global economy.

how would you approach this question???
Reply 70
I am not sure what to for EU. The 2014 question was a good one, now it could just be something random or tricky to analyse/evaluate. Saving ratio came up last year so I think I am gonna cross that off list and just not bother with it.

Edit: For some reason there is no 2015 June paper on the website but the 2015 retake paper is there. Weird.
(edited 7 years ago)
what is the likelihood of globalisation coming up? it was in the ECON4R (replacement) paper, however, i am unsure of whether it was included in the actual paper as well. does anybody know?
Reply 72
Original post by Nirm
I am not sure what to for EU. The 2014 question was a good one, now it could just be something random or tricky to analyse/evaluate. Saving ratio came up last year so I think I am gonna cross that off list and just not bother with it.

Edit: For some reason there is no 2015 June paper on the website but the 2015 retake paper is there. Weird.

It's not called a retake paper- it's a reserve because the vans for papers got broken into so they had to release the back up one
My predictions:
1. Deflation.
2. Something on the impact of the recent Chinese slowdown.
3. Low oil prices.
4. Join the EUROZONE?- n.b. I think they might stick this in to confuse students with the EU. This question hasn't been asked since 2010 I think and is highlighted on the spec.
5. Enlargement of the EU?
Reply 74
Original post by geogexpert
My predictions:
1. Deflation.
3. Low oil prices.
4. Join the EUROZONE?- n.b. I think they might stick this in to confuse students with the EU. This question hasn't been asked since 2010 I think and is highlighted on the spec.

Deflation came up last yeat for the EU context, but your idea on the eurozone is very convincing. Also the EU enlargement context already came up with the context about if Turkey was to become a member of the EU.
Reply 75
Original post by geogexpert
My predictions:
1. Deflation.
3. Low oil prices.

What could the question be for low oil prices?
Original post by marioandluigi
what is the likelihood of globalisation coming up? it was in the ECON4R (replacement) paper, however, i am unsure of whether it was included in the actual paper as well. does anybody know?

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-ECON4-W-MS-JUN15.PDF

This is the markscheme for the original paper last year on the AQA website. The original question paper isn't on the website though which is weird lmao
Original post by Nutcaserob
Yeah i'm not revising EU either

same here lmao
Original post by sukhraj7
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-ECON4-W-MS-JUN15.PDF

This is the markscheme for the original paper last year on the AQA website. The original question paper isn't on the website though which is weird lmao

Was this the paper that wasn't tested?
has there been an essay on low oil prices before or a similar one to do with inflation? if so what year? cheers,

also didn't enlargement of the EU come up last year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending