The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
Im sure c2o4 did make c02?
Original post by Aerosmith
Are you talking about the enthalpy and entropy calculations? If so, you're right! We didn't **** up, the rest did

Are you sure? It made sense to me in the exam but I'm not so confident now.
Original post by OloMed
The overall equation is:

H2 + 1/2 O2 ----> H2O

imcreasing conc of either H2 or O2, or increasing pressure, would all shift the equilibrium to the RHS, so EMF increases

I got that because for standard enthalpy i used SO2+1/2O2.> SO3
GOT -98.5KJMOL-1
Original post by K2Cr2O7
Didn't the question say find delta S and delta H for THIS reaction. Meaning they were asking for values for the exact equation they gave ???

Im not sure as i cant remember the question exactly.

Original post by Azzer11
There seems to be nobody that did the same as us, so maybe we ****ed up? :frown:

The question asked you to calculate the STANDARD enthalpy and entropy change, which was asked on Jan 13 I believe and you had to divide by two.
last exam tomorrow im gna spend all day watching game of thrones and eating pizza lol im soo exhausted:biggrin:
prediced grade boundries... opinions please
Reply 2666
I forgot to multiply the hydration enthalpy of the chloride ion by 2 so ended up with an endothermic deltaH solution which is wrong. How many marks do you reckon I'd get for the solubility question having made the error in the previous q? Would I get many follow through marks?
Reply 2667
was the enthalpy of solution 775 (something like that) ??
Original post by vinchy
delta G got -65.1

thing is though, the given values for the question if you didnt get an answer was -250. not dividing by two gave you a closer answer, thats why im thinking you dont have to divide
Original post by Suits101
The question asked you to calculate the STANDARD enthalpy and entropy change, which was asked on Jan 13 I believe and you had to divide by two.

If you're right, I love you.
Original post by Azzer11
If you're right, I love you.

Divide what by 2??
Original post by JC25
I forgot to multiply the hydration enthalpy of the chloride ion by 2 so ended up with an endothermic deltaH solution which is wrong. How many marks do you reckon I'd get for the solubility question having made the error in the previous q? Would I get many follow through marks?

As long as explanation was right, you should be fine.
Reply 2672
Original post by Osalim1998
thing is though, the given values for the question if you didnt get an answer was -250. not dividing by two gave you a closer answer, thats why im thinking you dont have to divide

No it wasn't. -250 was given value for delta H.
It was an okay paper, I made quite a few silly mistakes. With method marks and ecf, hopefully I haven't lost more than 30 :frown: if I got 70 on both paper, and a C and hopefully a B/A from my resit from last year. Aswell as an A on course work and a C on course work this year. Could I scrape an A overall??
Original post by vinchy
I got that because for standard enthalpy i used SO2+1/2O2.> SO3
GOT -98.5KJMOL-1

It wanted enthalpy change of the reaction not standard enthalpy of formation?
Original post by Cadherin
Divide what by 2??

Did you said SA has an effect on emf?
Original post by Kay Fearn
It wanted enthalpy change of the reaction not standard enthalpy of formation?

Enthalpy change can be calculated from standard enthalpy of formation, which is what you were given and used.
Original post by RefusedAccess
Question stated that solubility is defined as the amount of solid able to dissolve in water, so as it is an endothermic reaction, more MgCl2 is produced if you increase temperature, hence solubility is increased

Why is it endothermic if DHsolution for the forward reaction was a negative value?
Original post by koolgurl14
Should I do an unofficial or is there already done unofficial ms or anyone started doing one

please do one :smile:
Original post by Cadherin
Divide what by 2??

The equation they gave you for the Contact Process involved the formation of 2 moles of SO3. So I halved the moles to get SO2 +1/2O2 ----> SO3 and used this equation to work out enthalpy/entropy. Not 100% confident it was the right thing to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending